- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Engineering
Adbri Masonry’s contracting services team offers a full design, supply, installation, project management and certification service for civil, industrial and commercial building projects. Our small team comprises project managers and project engineers working across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
We are looking for a Graduate Project Engineer to join our team in Victoria. Based at Campbellfield and reporting to the Contracting Services Manager, you will use your skills and expertise to grow Adbri Masonry's market share by ensuring our products and services fulfil client expectations and contract requirements.
As part of a growing segment of our business, you’ll manage construction projects of varying size and scale, contributing to the achievement of revenue targets. You will enjoy a competitive salary, a fully maintained company vehicle and the opportunity for career development and progression.
Duties and responsibilities
- Engineering design and documentation for walling and pavement projects
- Estimating, take offs and quoting of tenders
- Technical assistance to staff and customers
- Industry representation
- Presenting to clients to generate specifications and sales
- Deliver training to subcontractors to improve product knowledge, construction best practice principles and safety expectations
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders
Skills and experience
- Degree in civil / structural engineering
- Eligible for Engineers Australia membership or able to attain CP Engineering status
- Proficient in Autocad and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sales experience is not necessary but would be viewed favorably
Creating and supporting a diverse workforce
Adbri Masonry recognises that diversity in our workforce drives innovation, encourages creativity and better equips us to respond to the challenges of our industry. We are committed to increasing diversity within our workforce and our industry as a whole and as such, we welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities.
Adbri Masonry is Australia’s leading concrete products manufacturer supplying quality concrete bricks, blocks, pavers, retaining walls, erosion control products and architectural masonry solutions. Our manufacturing and distribution facilities are located throughout Australia’s east coast and in South Australia.
Adbri Masonry is a subsidiary of Adelaide Brighton Limited, a leading Australian construction materials company with operations that comprise cement and lime, concrete and aggregates and concrete products and employs 1,500 people nationally.
Applications close Tuesday 28 January 2020