Youth Development Officer
Advertiser: Football WestMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $60,000 - $65,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Football West is the sole governing body for soccer in WA and represents all levels of competition, as well as development and coaching in metropolitan and regional areas. With over 230,000 participants and over 65,000 registered players, Football West (which is affiliated to Football Federation Australia) has a commitment to the community and a vision to make the game accessible and a great experience for all.
Your New Role
The Development Department supports players, coaches and officials in their football journey through participation, education and learning opportunities. The goal of the Development Department is for all football participants to have a fun, enjoyable and safe environment in which to train and play.
The Youth Development Officer is responsible for leading Football West player programs, including the Talent Support Program (TSP), Girls Skill Acquisition Program (GSAP) and Skill Development Program (SDP) and providing support to clubs in the delivery of their training programs. This includes delivering practical on field football sessions, mentoring and training of Football West and club coaches and the administration and promotion of the programs.
This is a full-time role, fixed term contract until 18 December 2020, with a strong opportunity for extension. The role will be based in our head office in Perth, with the requirement to be regularly out of the office engaging with key stakeholders in the community. The successful candidate must be able to commit to frequent evening and weekend work and may be required to travel to regional areas. Other duties will include:
- Provide support and delivery for Football West programs, including the TSP, GSAP, SDP and others as needed.
- Work where required with the Gold Fields State Teams program.
- Organise and deliver on-field training for Football West club coaches and players.
- Provide ongoing mentoring opportunities for Football West and club coaches.
- In conjunction with other staff, prepare and deliver workshops for Football West club coaches and Technical Directors.
- Plan and coordinate the program delivery calendar across all programs.
- Engage and coordinate coaches to deliver the TSP, SDP, GSAP and any other required programs as needed.
- Liaise with the Program Coordinator to ensure program registrations, payments, ground bookings and other logistics are current.
- Maintain records of participation numbers in programs and other relevant information.
- Arrange travel itineraries and booking arrangements for regional visits where appropriate.
- Represent Football West at relevant industry and partner meetings.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of trends in elite and community player development.
The Right Person
You will be an enthusiastic and proactive individual with the ability to work autonomously and demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times. You will have exceptional communication skills and be able to positively represent Football West whilst taking ownership of your programs to deliver the best possible results. You will also:
- Inspire a sense of purpose and direction within the designated programs.
- Maintain excellent communication with key stakeholders.
- Drive the improvement of the processes associated with the role.
- Have a minimum of FFA ‘B’ Licence or equivalent.
- A Sports Management or other relevant degree (preferred).
- Strong understanding of youth player development in football.
- Ability to deliver football sessions in a wide range of practical situations.
- Experience in working with coaches and players in development programs.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
You must be eligible to work in Australia in order to be employed by Football West, must provide a current Working with Children check and hold a current Australian Driver’s Licence. Please apply below or for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?