Level 1 Service Desk Support
Advertiser: Matrix SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Who we're looking for…
Someone friendly, enthusiastic and helpful, with excellent technical and communication skills. In addition, we need someone who loves to be organised and enjoys giving attention to detail. You will be joining a Service Desk team that is striving to provide superior technical and customer focused support.
Why work @ Matrix Solutions?
We are a growing IT company that provides cloud solutions primarily to the legal industry. In addition, we offer managed support services for on-site networks. Most of our support is offered over the phone or online.
We are based in the Sydney CBD but look after clients Australia-wide. This role is based in the Brisbane CBD. From the top down we really like our clients! We are a highly motivated group who enjoy working as a team to solve IT problems even when they are stressful.
We also all enjoy our lives outside of work and strive to keep a healthy work/life balance!
We have been doing what we do for over 24 years now so, in our opinion, we are getting better and better at it. Since our customer base is growing rapidly it seems our clients agree. However, we need to keep improving our systems as we grow. Our goal is to be Australia's number one supplier of IT services to small and medium-sized legal and professional firms.
- Excellent customer service skills, phone manners and passion in assisting employees with L1 IT issues
- Strong skills in Active Directory, O365, Windows Server, troubleshooting, setting up accounts, remote login, resolving L1 and a few L2 issues
- Ability to install, maintain and support hardware
- Excellent communication skills, approachable friendly personality
- Tertiary qualifications, ITIL or relevant certifications
- Enthusiastic and contagious can-do attitude
- Flexible attitude to all work duties
- Providing Desktop support and resolution to software and hardware issues across Windows 10, MS Office, Exchange, Active Directory, in-house applications, PC's, laptops, mobile devices, printers, etc
- Performing user account administration maintaining appropriate user access in the various systems and software
- Logging all requests in the Helpdesk system and maintain accurate notes on status, resolutions and escalations
- Ensure adherence to the IT policies and procedures
- You will be able to troubleshoot computer & printer hardware/software and network issues, effectively reporting or escalating when needed.
- Support backup & DR solutions.
- Remote access solution support: VPN and RD Services.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress.
- Working on a rotating roster to cover 8:00 am – 6:00 pm plus a 24 X 7 mobile phone roster
What we can offer you
A full-time position providing a negotiable salary, dependent on previous experience, plus superannuation. You will be working in modern co-working space in the Brisbane CBD.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?
- What's the highest level of ITIL qualification you have completed?