Assistant AccountantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- $45,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Permanent Part-Time 3 Days per Week.
Your role will report to the Financial Controller, with 3-5 years’ experience in accounting and full month end processes a pre-requisite. The Assistant Accountant role will be responsible for various accounting activities associated with month end and year end reporting, including supporting the Financial Controller as required. The business is in a growth phase, so you will have the ability to remain diverse across different areas of our services specialising in aged care.
Accounting and administration
- End to end Accounts Payable, customer payments and reconciliation.
- Payroll, Superannuation, BAS and PAYG processing.
- Liaise with external Accountants.
- Bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Cashflow management including producing regular cashflow forecast reports.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- General day to day administration.
- Professional phone manner.
- Attention to detail (Critical).
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Cost control and cost reporting.
- Month end reports and analysis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will ideally possess skills and experience satisfying or exceeding the criteria below:
- Minimum 3-5 years previous accounts experience.
- A degree or diploma qualification in Accounting or similar
- MYOB experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Take initiative and be able to work autonomously.
- Ability to think analytically in a finance context.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- High attention to detail with accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent communications skills and an engaging personality.
- Team player and flexible when workload requires.
- Be able to work to deadlines as required.
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?