- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families
Brisbane Youth Service is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 – 25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year.
- Youth Worker
- Casual position working across 3 of our locations
- Shift work
Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to support young people with complex needs in a residential service model.
Casual Youth Workers are required to backfill positions that provide young people with safe and appropriate accommodation, case management, support, advocacy, and information to assist young people to make informed choices about their lives.
To undertake the Youth Worker’s role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Human Services, Social Work or similar, or experience in a similar role. Have a current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- An understanding of and commitment to BYS’s vision and objectives and the demonstrated experience working within a strengths-based and trauma informed practice framework.
- Demonstrated experience working holistically with vulnerable young people, using brief solution focussed crisis interventions and ongoing case managed support, and experience building trusting relationships with marginalised young people.
- Strong communication skills, including oral and written skills, writing report and case files, collaborating with community services, and the ability to liaise effectively with young people and advocate on their behalf.
- Strong planning, task management and organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a supported accommodation setting.
- The ability to contribute positively within a team to deliver a high-quality service and outcomes for young people.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded from our website: http://brisyouth.org/get-involved/career-volunteer-opportunities/
Email complete applications to Cheryl Nathanson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 31 January 2020