Creative Design Genius
Advertiser: Studio 55More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Other
A kick arse opportunity exists for an exceptional creative to join our team.
Are you the one-in-a-million creative genius we are looking for to help take us to the next level?
You are a confident, creative boundary-pusher. You are also an experienced reliable self-starter and people person. You know your craft and you work well collaboratively or on your own. You lead with confidence and are comfortable directing others if needed.
Quality creative design is at your core. You don’t do off-the-shelf. You don’t have a single style you stick to religiously, nor do you blindly follow the latest trends. You have your finger on the pulse of all that is current in society, technology, culture and the visual communications industry, and you use it to inform the work that you do.
You are an early adopter of new technologies and techniques. The digital environment is your happy place. Far from being scared by it, you use it to its full extent in your work.
You are completely at home in a commercial environment and understand corporate restraints. You’ve been around, proven yourself and you know the game. You don’t want or need to be spoon-fed. Innovation motivates you.
You listen, observe and pay attention. You don’t need to be asked twice because you got it the first time.
You are proactive and fired up about the power of visual communications in today’s world. You can see yourself being part of a small, focussed studio that is driven to leverage that power.
Studio 55 is not your usual creative studio. We are a lean, responsive, high performance team that continuously adapts to the requirements of the marketplace.
We are all about impact, not fluff.
We don’t do derivative. We don’t talk sh*t, produce sh*t or sell sh*t. We listen. We do what we say and do it well. We deliver unique, tailor-made, cohesive integrated solutions, utilising a range of media and channels in order to cut through.
We are direct. We are straight-up. We are fearless. There are no games, no agendas and no politics. We have zero tolerance for arrogance or princess tendencies. We operate with integrity and we are driven to provide the highest levels of service and quality work.
All those things? They work. Our clients are gained through word of mouth and hard work. Our first client, who joined us over 20 years ago, is still a client today.
If you share these core values and this advert appeals to you then Studio 55 may be a good fit for you.
We have big plans and need an experienced, skilled creative who can hit the ground running and deliver across multiple disciplines. Most importantly we are looking for someone who isn’t controlled by their ego but instead is driven to take a stand against the dilution of the industry, demonstrating the power of good creative rather than pushing out average, formulaic crap. In a world where everyone thinks they are a designer we are driven to break through the noise and clutter – not add to it.
The attributes we are looking for are skills-based but also extend to your way of working. You need to simultaneously have attention to detail AND be across the big picture. You are self-disciplined. You have the ability to manage your time and multiple deadlines without skipping a beat. We support and encourage growth, but this is not an entry level position and will not suit a mediocre designer or one in need of considerable training.
By now you will see that we are straight talkers and if you get the sense that this is not a place for the faint-hearted then you are right.
When it comes to skills, you will need to tick these boxes:
- Hard-core attention to detail in everything you do.
- Provable expert-level in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Highly competent in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Word and PowerPoint. That’s right. Word and PowerPoint. If you are the right person then you will understand why they have been included here.
- Highly competent in WordPress. We don’t just mean designing pretty buttons, we mean developing the concept for a website from end-to-end, along with the ability to speak to developers in their language, not yours. Solid experience in digital and social means you’ll go to the top of the list.
- Be a pig in sh*t designing content for all social media platforms and online channels.
- Ability to think creatively and laterally, getting a massive kick out of visual problem solving.
- It would be a bonus if you have tertiary qualifications in design, multimedia, video production or marketing. We mean ‘a bonus’ because we value solid experience and natural talent above formal qualifications.
Don’t apply if you:
- Are a tyre kicker. You will just waste our time and yours.
- Can’t hit the ground running. This is not a junior or production position.
- Are easily overwhelmed. You won’t last a day.
- Have princess tendencies and think you know it all.
- Are offended by swearing. Your ears will melt.
- Are unable to get to our location at Jindalee.
This is a full-time role, reporting to the studio's director, and will require you to be flexible with hours to meet the demands of a busy design studio. Salary will be commensurate with experience and talent.
We take hiring very seriously. We look after our people and value providing them with job security, opportunity, loyalty and respect. We are not looking for a cog in a machine. Nor are we looking for a short-term job-jumper. We are looking for a committed person with integrity who can grow with us.
If you’re still reading and this ad excites you, please submit your cv, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. All three please. No portfolio, no interview. Also, please let us know what traits most excite you about ducks.
We are looking for someone to start immediately and will be contacting successful applicants for interviews within a few days.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?