Scholarship Program Coordinator - Education Support
Advertiser: Harding Miller Education FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
About the business
The Harding Miller Education Foundation provides scholarships to high potential girls studying in Australian government high schools. We currently support 365 students across 211 schools across Australia and we are growing. We are a national charity and small organisation powered by volunteers.
About the role
The Scholarship Program Coordinator primary focus is to coordinate the day-to-day administration of the scholarship program with the support of the Program Manager.
This includes managing all phone and info inbox inquiries, supporting scholarship recipients and their families, distributing and monitoring tools to scholarship recipients, maintaining up-to-date records across all systems, building strong relationships with schools and coaches, and creating communications content for scholarship applicants, recipients as well as their families and schools.
The Program Coordinator also administers the annual scholarship selection process and annual data collection through surveys. At times, this role provides support to the Events Coordinator in the preparations and running of scholarship program events.
The Program Coordinator also undertakes some office management duties and provides administrative and project support to the Director as required.
Skills and experience
- Word processing and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) software knowledge or the capacity to quickly learn
- Online forms and marketing tools including Award Force, canva and mail chimp or the capacity to quickly learn.
- Typing skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Core Capabilities and Personal Attributes
- Strong organisation skills
- Effective communication skills to manage and resolve scholarship or stakeholder queries
- Amazing administrative experience and skills
- Spectacular attention to detail
- Works well in an environment in which diverse personalities and backgrounds are valued and respected
- Show significant initiative to perform tasks unsupervised.
- Remains calm and professional under pressure.
Demonstrates the Foundation Values
Benefits and perks
This is an opportunity to take a position in a small dynamic team who is powering one of the best scholarship programs in Australia. We offer flexible work hours during school holidays and a competitive salary.
Australian taxation laws provide generous tax concessions for not for profit organisations like Harding Miller Education Foundation. One such concession is an exemption for Fringe benefits tax (FBT).
This means a proportion of your wages can be received as a reimbursement of personal expenses and no income tax is payable on this money, in effect a proportion of your salary each pay is tax-free. (Salary packaging)
You can package up to the allowable maximum of $15,900 each FBT year.
The Foundation has generous leave entitlements available to full-time staff and we have a culture that facilitates flexible working arrangements.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to making a difference and you are interested in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply today!! Click on "Apply For This Job" and make sure to include an up-to-date resume and a cover letter too!
Closing date: Wednesday, 5th February 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?