- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
- Provide support and guidance to our international students
- Base salary from $78,786 + Superannuation+ Leave Loading
- 12-month fixed term full time opportunity at our Melbourne campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU International has national responsibility for the recruitment, admission and ongoing support for international students at ACU. The office of the Pro vice-chancellor (Global and Education Pathways is located in North Sydney with offices also located in Brisbane and Melbourne. ACU International is also responsible for incoming and outbound exchange and study abroad programs and provides support and social activities.
The International Student Advisor is responsible for being the nominated contact person for students on campus. The position provides ongoing advice, support, guidance and appropriate referral in relation to student life in Australia; personal issues; academic performance and student visa matters. This position is also responsible for monitoring welfare and accommodation arrangements provided by third parties contracted by ACU to international students under 18 years of age.
You will need to have:
- A bachelor degree in relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work independently to support students experiencing significant personal issues
- Demonstrated understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements in the provision of educational services to International students
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to ACU to capitalise on all available expertise in pursuit of excellence.
- [link removed]Availability to be on call 24/7 in case any incident occurs
- Hold a valid working with children check for the relevant state/territory
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $93,236 - $100,192 pa, including salary component $78,786 - $84,664 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Diana Stevens, Associate Director, International Admissions and Student Relations at Diana.Stevens@acu.edu.au
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: 28 January 2020 11:55pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.