Events and Communications Coordinator
Advertiser: Harding Miller Education FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
About the Business
The Harding Miller Education Foundation provides scholarships to high potential girls studying in Australian government high schools. We currently support 365 students across 211 schools across Australia and we are growing. We are a national charity and small organisation powered by volunteers.
About the Role
The Events and Communications Coordinator - a newly created position - will be responsible for the management of the Foundation's Annual Awards Events each year (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne)
The Events and Communications Coordinator will manage and grow the educational enrichment program for all scholarship recipients.
The coordinator will also assist to manage volunteer, donor and alumni events and be the primary media coordination point for scholarship recipients and volunteers.
Finally, the Events and Communications Coordinator will provide support to the Program Manager and the Philanthropy Manager by drafting communications as required.
To perform this role you will have proven experience in such areas including:
- End-to-end event coordination and admin support including planning, developing and implementing events in different states
- Negotiating and coordinating with venues and logistics providers for catering, equipment, signage etc
- Coordinating the administrative aspects of the events calendar including managing registrations, managing participant communication and attendee evaluation as well as CRM/Database management
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a not for profit environment is preferred.
- Experience working in the Australian education system is preferred.
- Word processing and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) software knowledge or the capacity to quickly learn
- Online forms and marketing tools including Award Force, canva and mail chimp or the capacity to quickly learn.
- Typing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social media platforms is preferred
Core Capabilities and Personal Attributes
- Creative with design flair
- Very organised
- Loves details and events
- Able to travel for events
- Demonstrates responsiveness and ability to cope with change
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in an environment in which diverse personalities and backgrounds are valued and respected
- Effective time management skills and deadline orientated
- A self-starter who shows significant initiative to perform tasks unsupervised.
Demonstrates the Foundation Values
Benefits and Perks
This is an opportunity to take a position in a small dynamic team who is powering one of the best scholarship programs in Australia. We offer flexible work hours during school holidays and a competitive salary.
Australian taxation laws provide generous tax concessions for not for profit organisations like Harding Miller Education Foundation. One such concession is an exemption for Fringe benefits tax (FBT).
This means a proportion of your wages can be received as a reimbursement of personal expenses and no income tax is payable on this money, in effect a proportion of your salary each pay is tax-free. (Salary packaging)
You can package up to the allowable maximum of $15,900 each FBT year.
The Foundation has generous leave entitlements available to full-time staff and we have a culture that facilitates flexible working arrangements.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to making a difference and you are interested in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply today!! Click on "Apply For This Job" and make sure to include an up-to-date resume and a cover letter too!
Closing date: Wednesday, 5th February 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?
- How would you rate your English language skills?