Level 2 System Engineer
Advertiser: Area9 IT SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Area9 IT Solutions is a well known, innovative and dynamic IT solutions and service-delivery company based in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia, with a diverse client base across a number of industry sectors. We have a position available for a Level 2 System Engineer.
In this role, you will provide second level technical support via telephone and online support tools and you will provide onsite/desk side support to our valued clients.
This position is located in Darwin and our preference is for applicants who are prepared to work in Darwin. However we will also consider suitably qualified Brisbane based applicants.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of IT desktop support experience in Windows Desktop environments.
- Some Server support experience.
- An solid understanding of computer, network and internet technologies.
- Incident management at first level and troubleshooting capability.
- Previous experience in a helpdesk or call centre environment working with telephony and job logging software.
- Customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the *English language.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
*This role is customer facing and requires you to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, vendors and colleagues and you must be proficient in verbal and written communication in the English language. Where English is your second language we are seeking ILETS scores of no lower than 7.5. We will require proof of your ILETS score prior to interview.
If you are self motivated, have a positive, client-focussed attitude, the ability to learn quickly and adapt knowledge to new environments, a passion for technology and a desire to grow your career in IT, the ability to work as part of a team and if you have good communication skills this job is for you.
A relevant qualification such as:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
Any of the following qualifications will be favourably considered:
- ITIL Foundation Certification or similar industry qualification.
- Working towards a Microsoft Certification such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- A degree, diploma in IT.
- Certificate 3 in IT.
Area9 has a passion for staff development and you'll have an opportunity to achieve relevant industry certifications with training provided by Area9.
Area9 offers a great working environment and a wonderful opportunity to grow your career in the IT Industry.
Salary will be commensurate with your skills, qualifications and experience. We would love to hear from you by close of business on 31 January 2020.
Please send your letter of application and your CV to HR@area9.com.au;
- Your CV must be accompanied by a cover letter; and
- Where English is your second language please provide proof of your ILETS score with your letter of application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 2 technical support?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?