Advertiser: The Black TruffleMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
We are a busy gourmet deli and catering business in North Fremantle, open 7 days a week, with a great reputation for fresh, wholesome, grab-and-go food ideas.
We serve fresh made cabinet style food, heat and eat meals, salads, and quality catering for home or corporate clients with a focus on great produce, simple, on trend dishes for the grab-and-go market.
We are an extremely busy store all year round and require a strong kitchen team of Chefs, Cooks and Kitchen Hands, capable of maintaining the company's high standards in quality, freshness and service excellence.
We are looking for a part time or full time Chef, to join our growing team.
This is a hands on position and requires you produce for our grab and go cabinet, prepared meals and catering.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Ability to work closely with our team in rolling out an everchanging menu of meals, grab and go packaged foods and cabinet food.
- Preparing and presenting all cabinet food at the highest standards - presentation is key here and an eye for detail is what we are after
- Setting up the deli cabinets for the day and re-stocking throughout the day
- Ensuring that exceptional standards of hygiene, safety and cleanliness are maintained in the kitchen and cool room
- Ensuring stock rotation of kitchen ingredients to maintain quality and freshness
- Ability to work quickly through busy periods
- Excellent time management
- Excellent communication skills
The successful candidate will have a mix of technical and personal skills and meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery
- Minimum 3 years working experience
- Must be a good communicator and be able to talk through daily task list with team.
- Be a team player who is happy to take direction from senior team members, yet also work autonomously when needed
- 6am starts, no nights required.
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to multi task and keep a cool head under pressure
- Be creative and passionate about sesasonal produce and quality ingredients
- Reliable, hardworking and excellent work ethic
- Are eligible to work in Australia
We are a high performance culture, offer great working environment and the opportunity to develop your skills in a positive, passionate and fun team.
Please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.