Live in Nanny
Advertiser: FixstrMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Please note, this is a live in position.
Initially you will be required to work full time Monday - Friday. It will be reduced to part time hours once the child's family day care starts again. You will not be required to work weekends, however, from time to time there may be some travel involved which you can select to join or to stay at our home.
Your daily routine may vary, however below is an indication of how your day with our child may look like:
• Provide care for one child on a daily basis, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding and changing diapers
• Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialisation to ensure basic skills and concepts are learnt, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
• Maintain a safe workplace by monitoring the childs health, behavioural, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to parents
• Help the child discover new interests by introducing him to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies
• Ensure the child is learning positive behaviours and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed
• Make the child feel secure, comfortable and loved, by providing hugs and carry him as and when required
• Follow parents guidance when providing care especially around food
• Provide updates on a regular basis
Cleaning – approx 3 hours per week (only when family day care starts again)
• Changing bedding
• Laundry (washing, hanging, folding and ironing- if required)
• Vacuum and mop floors
• Keeping the child’s room organised and tidy
• Keeping house in order and tidy up
• Running errands such as post office, drop dry cleaning off, occasionally head to the shops for something if required
• Assisting with dinner preparations
• Clean up and tidying up of pet areas
Knowledge and Skills
• First aid certificate for babies (English)
• Police clearance /DCSI
- Childcare certificate
- Working towards or CERT III in childcare desirable
Key Behaviours to be Demonstrated at all Times
• Providing exceptional care for Xavier and being part of the day-to-day family life
• Upholding Family values
• Safety orientated
Key Performance Indicators
• Providing excellent care and ensuring health and safety of child
• Maintaining a clean and tidy household
Other duties as and when required.
Rent / food/ utilities / internet paid for.
Please send your CV with a Cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
Working days and hours:
March Monday - Friday 8:15am-5:45pm
April Monday - Thursday 8:15am-5:45pm
Minimum engagement 6 months - additional bonuses may be applicable for long term stay.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do you have professional child care experience?