- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Other
- Generous Salary Packaging, increasing your take home pay!
- Help fight the biggest killer of Australians - Heart Disease.
About the Role
In leading a small team, the position supports the delivery of activities and programs for the improvement of heart health and the broadening of Heart Foundation engagement through two key functions:
Work closely with the Support and Care team to design, develop, deliver and evaluate initiatives for patients, carers and health professionals which will achieve improved outcomes and quality of life through the promotion of best evidence care for all Australians affected by heart disease. This includes providing leadership and coordination of Support and Care activities across the NSW/ACT Heart Health team.
Engage with stakeholders in NSW and ACT on all Heart Health related activities and promote the policies and work of the Heart Foundation. The position will coordinate stakeholder mapping and engagement plans for relevant Support and Care stakeholders and represent the Heart Foundation on relevant health related state committees, organisations and programs.
- Tertiary qualification/s in a health-related field (i.e. nursing, allied health, health promotion, public health) or equivalent in terms of experience and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting patients in the treatment and management of cardiovascular disease in Australia
- Demonstrated ability to reach, liaise and collaborate with health professionals
- Understanding of effective dissemination and implementation strategies for clinical practice guidelines for health professionals
- Good understanding of Australian public health and health care systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build internal and external relationships
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Advanced writing skills (including reports and/or submissions) with attention to detail
- Proven project management skills
About the Heart Foundation
The Heart Foundation is Australia's leading heart health charity, committed to helping Australians lead healthier lifestyles and encouraging those most at risk to take better care of their heart health. Our One Heart Strategy (2018-2020) is focused on prevention, care and support, and research, to both prevent heart disease and improve heart health and quality of life for all Australians
Our staff believe in our purpose, they are proud to work at the Heart Foundation and have the opportunity to make a difference every day through challenging and meaningful work. We promote active living and support our employees to lead a healthy work life balance.
- Generous Salary Packaging
- Free weekly team related activities
- Educational Lunch and Learn sessions
- Discounted gym memberships
- Additional day of leave at Christmas
- Sit/stand workstations
- Relaxed, positive, supportive culture
How To apply
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter addressing the essential requirements. Please refer to the position description available on our website for further information about the role. Candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.