Advertiser: Shoalhaven City CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- $56,394 - $63,388 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the Shoalhaven
The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
Why Work for Shoalhaven City Council?
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
About the role
The Development and Environmental Services team is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Administration Assistant to provide quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
This full time position is situated at the Nowra Administration Building within the Planning, Environment and Development Group. The hours of work are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, with access to Council's variable working hours scheme.
What will you be doing?
Reporting directly to the Development Engineering Coordinator, the focus of this position is to:
- Provide a high level of customer service to people who seek advice, assistance or services in relation to Council’s various functions with focus on Development and Environmental Services as well as providing a high level of customer service to internal staff.
- Assist with vetting and the subsequent registration of development applications.
- Review and administer Section 138 applications under the NSW Roads Act.
- Assist with the processing of subdivision certificate applications and process a limited number of straightforward applications.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information on Council‘s policies and State Government legislation to customers, including interpretation of Council’s Local Planning Policies
What we are looking for?
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Certificate IV in Office Administration or equivalent, or equivalent experience in office administration in a customer service role
- Ability to demonstrate customer service values
- Demonstrated organisational skills to co-ordinate and prioritise a range of inputs in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to balance competing workloads and deliver within deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in the use of Microsoft Windows computer software programs.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
How to Apply
You will be required to upload your resume and a brief cover letter which should address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions as shown below and questions regarding general information about you.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- What does customer service mean to you?
- What experience do you have preparing formal documentation? i.e. letters, reports etc
- How do you effectively manage your time and ensure deadlines are met?
Contract: Scott Haylett – Development Engineering Coordinator (02) 4429 3308
Applications Close: Wednesday, 5 February 2020 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email