Advertiser: Adventure PatchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- $21.00- $23.00 based on experience
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Adventure Patch is a Tasmanian provider of Long Day Care, Outside School Hours Care, Vacation Care and Family Day Care. Our administration offices are in Blackmans Bay, Hobart.
About the role
We have a vacancy for someone to join our team and provide data entry and general support to a number of our teams including Finance, Admin, Marketing & Enrolments.
There is an opportunity for the successful candidate to complete an administrative traineeship (or similar) if you meet the eligibility requirements – but we will also consider candidates who aren’t eligible for a traineeship.
Duties will include scanning and filing, data entry answering phones, greeting customers and general admin tasks.
Who are Adventure Patch?
Adventure Patch is a highly respected community-based organisation that is undergoing and exciting period of growth and change.
You will be working from our administration offices in Blackmans Bay and will have a mix of guidance from experienced team members and autonomy to make the job your own.
We are a progressive organisation and believe in providing plenty of opportunities to learn and grow both on the job and through formal training.
Working with your manager, you will have flexible working hours and we pay above award rates
Interested in this role? This is what we are looking for
We're a bit protective about our team culture. This is a great place to work and we want someone who will add to that. We have strong team values and expect everyone to work according to those values.
That's why we are more interested in your character than your experience. If you have some work experience, that's a positive but it's not essential.
What is essential?
You need to be fresh and energetic, positive and professional. You will spend a lot of time communicating with customers, suppliers and other staff members - so that must be a strength.
Attention to detail and be comfortable working with Office 365 applications is important.
We need someone who is equally comfortable taking initiative when there is an opportunity and following instructions when needed. A willingness to learn and be taught new tasks and a focus on solving problems will be critical
Some other things to consider:
- MYOB experience would be an advantage but isn’t required
- Knowledge or experience in accounts payable and receivable experience would be an advantage
- You must have or be able to obtain Working With Vulnerable People and police checks
Still keen to talk with us about this role? For more information about Adventure Patch, please visit our website www.adventurepatch.org.au or contact Jane Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6229 4914.
If you are ready to apply (we only accept applications via this Seek ad), please provide both a cover letter and a resume:
- Your cover letter should address two key questions: why are you applying for this position and why are you a suitable candidate?
- Your resume should list your experience and qualifications
Applications must be submitted via Seek and will only be considered if both a resume and a cover letter are received. Applications close on Friday 31 January
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?