- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Call Centre
A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based in Dalby, you will be part of Customer Contact team responsible for assisting customers face to face or over the telephone with their enquiries, receiving payments and providing general information and advice.
Reporting to the Customer Contact Supervisor, you will:
- provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- have demonstrated ability to maintain financial records and proven experience with point of sale systems, cash handling and reconciliation processes.
- be able to work independently and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
The successful applicant will:
- have highly developed interpersonal skills including proven written and verbal communication skills;
- possess good time management skills and the ability to complete allocated tasks while working within a team; and
- demonstrate problem solving and dispute resolution capabilities.
What we offer:
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
If you enjoy working with people and have a passion for providing excellent customer service to support our community, this role is for you. TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE
For a full position description copy and paste the below URL into a browser.
Application via Seek 'Apply Now.'
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST on Thursday 6 February 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a call centre before?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?