- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- $56,763.23 - $62,353.52 per annum, plus 13% super
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Glenorchy is Tasmania’s fourth largest city with a population of 46,790. The City lies on the western shore of the Derwent River, next to the City of Hobart. Glenorchy is the second biggest employment location in greater Hobart and the industrial centre for Tasmania. Home to the world-famous Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Glenorchy also has vibrant retail and community services sectors. Our community’s vision for the City is to be a proud city; a city of arts; of opportunity; of partnerships; a city that makes exciting things happen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Service Desk Officer to come and join our team. This role will be responsible for providing day-to-day assistance in the effective running of the ICT service desk.
The Candidate: In order to be successful in this position, you will need:
- Excellent oral, listening and written English skills.
- Excellent incident analysis and prioritisation skills with the demonstrated ability to solve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent customer service skills
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
Certificate IV in Information Technology or, experience commensurate with this skill level including:
- ITIL based Service Desk environments
- user identity management
- user hardware and software deployment and support
- communication technologies including vpn, voip, mobile and LAN support
Position Number: 100353
Position Hours: 6-Month Fixed-Term Contract Position, Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week, with a 9 day fortnight
Salary: Schedule A, Salary Point 5: $56,763.23 to $62,353.52 per annum, in accordance with Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2016
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check prior to commencement of employment.
For further information on this position, contact Vicky Bonwick, Service Management Coordinator on (03) 6216 6330.
How to apply: A copy of the position description can be found at Council's website: www.gcc.tas.gov.au
To be considered for this role, all applicants must address the selection criteria and provide a current resume.
Applications for this position should be lodged through the online submission site located at www.gcc.tas.gov.au
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Wednesday 29th January 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?