Advertiser: PitchThisMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
You are self-motivated and driven to succeed. You love writing and you are looking for a new challenge where you can work autonomously and accelerate your career. You hate office politics! You love solving problems and helping business owners realise their growth ambitions. You’re keen to make a meaningful contribution to development of new ideas, innovative business concepts and solving local and global problems.
PitchThis are expanding – and we are on the hunt for a gun bid writer! The successful candidate will love writing and editing as much as they love strategy.
We are a small but growing consultancy that works with a range of mid-tier services businesses throughout Australia and the UK. Having helped over 350 businesses in the last five years and won over a billion dollars in new work for our SME clients, we are looking to build the team in 2020. Our office is based in a new, fun, centrally located workspace in Melbourne’s CBD - where you will get to mingle with other start up employees and entrepreneurs.
We work with a range of clients based in a variety of locations. Much of our work is completed remotely, working from our CBD office, however there will be a need for some flexibility and travel to attend client sites as required by the work.
PitchThis work with a wide variety of clients, many of which are created to solve meaningful problems in the world. We’re here to make a real difference.
As an emerging business, we have a strong focus on building a strong organisational culture where employees are aligned to our company values. The successful candidate will be a team player who has strong alignment to our PITCH values:
- Partnership: we always work in partnership with our clients, taking on their needs as our own. As an organisation and as individuals we are invested in client outcomes, outputs and happiness.
- Improvement: we’re addicted to continually seeking better ways to do things. This is evident in our process, with quarterly sprints toward new project and campaign launches.
- Tenacity: we approach our projects with unwavering energy. We challenge and stretch ourselves and our clients, to ensure we get the best result for our clients, every time.
- Communication: we know that good communication is key to success. We have systems, tools and processes in place to ensure we are clear and concise in all of our communications so that everyone knows what is expected of them at each stage of the process.
- Honesty: in our work. Transparency is at the heart of everything we do, supported by systems and tools to provide you with clarity at every point of the process.
The workload will consist of a large variety of contracts across multiple industries and ranging in size from sub $1 million dollar bids for smaller emerging businesses, through to multi-million or billion dollar contracts for multinational corporations. We're looking for a candidate who is comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels of business and who has strong bidding experience and capability – but is also detail oriented and hands on.
About the role
This role will be responsible for supporting the bid process and development of client tender and proposal responses. Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting key clients to find and shortlist opportunities
- Relationship and account management of key clients
- Development of writing plans
- Development of bid strategy and key messaging
- Coaching content owners
- Drafting of tender responses
- Technical writing for development of management plans, policies and procedures, industry participation plans and other associated appendices as required
- Review and editing draft content
- Development and oversight of graphics and layout to enhance written content.
The right applicant will be comfortable undertaking a variety of roles, depending on the needs of the client and the business. Tasks may vary from liaising with senior stakeholders and driving business strategy, through to more detailed tasks such proof reading and formatting. Successful applicants will understand the need to be adaptive when working for a small business, cognisant of the fact that the role will continue to expand as the business grows.
Benefits and perks
In this step-up role, the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive renumeration structure with performance-based bonus and sales commission opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Some domestic and international travel opportunities including annual strategy sessions in Bali
- A large variety of work across multiple sectors
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity for progression within a growing business
- Coaching and mentoring by a highly experienced and successful practitioner and trainer
- No corporate/office politics
Skills and experience
- Support our clients with bid writing and bid management services
- Participate in bid workshops including kick off meetings and strategy workshops
- Coach subject matter experts and content owners on development of key bid content
- Ensure all executive summaries are written in accordance with company and win themes methodology
- Ensure clear communication of deadlines and expectations with clients
- Drive high quality outputs
- Drive client satisfaction in line with customer experience map
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with all client stakeholders
- Respond to critical issues and complaints from assigned customers and coordinate solutions in a timely manner
- Maintain open channels of communication with key stakeholders throughout a bid
- Degree Qualified (mandatory)
- Candidate must have at least 5 years' experience within a corporate environment (mandatory)
- Strong writing and literary skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word (mandatory)
- Intermediate skills using adobe suite such as indesign or illustrator (desired)
- Advanced MS PowerPoint skills (desired)
- Credibility and professionalism
- Strong customer service ethic
- An adaptable and flexible disposition
- Outstanding organisational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work autonomously as required but also a team player.
Candidates should provide a covering letter outlining your key experience and alignment to the PITCH values.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a writer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?