Advertiser: WISE EmploymentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Competitive Salary + Amazing Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
About the role
This is an exciting and unique opportunity and we are searching for a highly experienced and motivated Program Manager. The overarching purpose of this role is to improve the vocational skills, employment and associated quality-of-life outcomes for people living with mental illness.
The role of Program Manager is varied. Key responsibilities include:
- management of all activities relating to the delivery of the WISE Ways to Work program
- successful leadership of a team of eight
- ensuring effective relationships are maintained with our partners, including St Vincent's Mental Health, Fife Employment Access Trust, Monash University, Melbourne Business School and partner employers.
This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be based at our North Melbourne office.
It is essential for the ideal candidate to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in successfully implementing and managing complex projects within timeframes and on budget
- Some experience in business modelling and program development
- Experience in advocacy and relationship development with range of stakeholders - government, philanthropy, mental health+disability peaks
- Significant experience in managing a team to deliver results that achieve positive outcomes for the target group
- Significant experience and skill in working with people with mental illness
- Understanding of the NDIS, the Victorian community mental health sector and state and federal funding environments
- Commitment and passion for innovation and programs that improve the employment outcomes for people with mental illness
- Ability to think 'outside the box', and work with the team to problem-solve and develop opportunities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Flexibility in hours worked is occasionally required, as is working from other locations where reasonable and necessary.
- It is highly desirable to have a tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy or similar allied health field.
What We offer
At WISE our employees are at the heart of everything we do and we want to ensure that we support our employees by providing a flexible, fun and vibrant working environment. We ensure that you have both the freedom and support that is required to get the job done well.
As well as providing adequate training to ensure our employees are empowered to support our mission. We also offer a number of benefits, to name only a few:
- A mobile phone and laptop
- Flexibility with a strong understanding of work/life balance
- Competitive salary packaging
- Genuine opportunity for career growth through training and personal development
- Access to a discount platform
How to Apply
If you have experience working in a similar role and are looking for a rewarding career, please submit your application by clicking the 'Apply now' button below. Please note that there is an expiry date on the advert, however we will start to shortlist candidates as soon as possible. As such, we encourage that you apply as soon as possible to ensure you don't miss out on this fantastic and rare opportunity.
WISE actively encourages and welcomes applications from candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse background, candidates with a disability and Indigenous candidates. In order to apply you must have the legal right to work in Australia.