- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Office Management
Salary Level: Classification Level 6 (Salary range A$78,601.84 to A$85,060.68 gross per annum plus up to 17% employer superannuation contributions)
Appointment: Full-time, ongoing
Location: Sunshine Coast campus
USC will be a university of international standing and an unsurpassed community asset, focusing on the region from Moreton Bay to Fraser Coast.
University Strategic Goals
The University will be:
- A primary engine of capacity building for our region;
- A comprehensive multi-campus university growing towards 35,000 students; and
- Positioned globally as a top-500 university and a top-100 university under 50 years of age.
Overview of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
The School provides excellence in teaching and research across the disciplines of nursing, midwifery and paramedic science. With a strong emphasis on inter-professional learning and engagement with health agencies, students have opportunities to work closely with health services and health professionals to develop professional attributes and skills during their coursework.
Primary Objectives of the Position
- Lead and manage the School’s administrative processes
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the School
- Mentor administrative staff and provide high level advice
Nature and Scope of Position
Under the broad direction of the Head of School, this position provides comprehensive administrative leadership within the School, coordinates the day-to-day operations of the School and supervises School administrative staff to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services to the Head of School, academic staff and students. The role works collaboratively with University staff to meet the goals of the School .
Working at USC requires candidates who can demonstrate a commitment to contributing to the establishment and success of our University and who promote a strong positive student experience with client service capability. Flexibility to deal with the opportunities of our growing School and University is a necessary attribute for our staff.
Key Accountabilities of the Position
- Lead and manage administrative processes, including:
- in collaboration with staff, manage the documentation processes of School programs, including new program development
- plan and finalise timetabling and course outlines
- administer program review responses, including coordinating the implementation of agreed review recommendations and associated changes
- ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive reports and documents are provided to support PPR and workload discussions and assist the Head of School to administer and monitor academic workloads
- in collaboration with Finance Services, coordinate budgets including the preparation of budget submissions and monitoring performance
- prepare appointments and monitor the renewal of appointments in a timely manner; initiate casual Academic contracts and oversee variations and timesheets to ensure appropriate approvals whilst ensuring resources are within budget
- liaise with stakeholders to identify, accurately monitor and report on casual teaching requirements, budgets and expenditure.
2. Provide comprehensive administrative support, including:
- provide timely and accurate advice and support to staff on the implementation of policies and procedures and internal business processes to resolve issues and queries giving consideration to best practice, innovation and customer responsiveness
- provide secretarial support for meetings, committees and working groups, including the preparation of agendas, associated documentation/materials, minutes, and follow up
- represent the School and actively contribute to administrative protocols and procedures.
3. Provide high level advice, including:
- undertake general research, projects and provide reports to inform decision making
- identify trends and systemic issues
- ensure effective liaison with stakeholders
- develop and implement initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
4. Manage and mentor administrative staff.
5. Other duties associated with this position within a changing environment.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
Applicants need to demonstrate they meet the following selection criteria:
- A relevant tertiary degree combined with extensive relevant experience in higher education administration, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Extensive experience in the management and operation of an administrative environment and a high-level understanding of the processes and practices involved.
- Flexibility to meet the challenges and demands of a growing and changing operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills including the ability to:
- connect and collaborate with stakeholders
- prepare and present information effectively
- foster and promote a team environment
- achieve outcomes within specific timeframes
6. High-level of digital literacy with the Microsoft Office suite of products as well as web-based applications.
7. Analytical and problem-solving skills and the capacity to exercise sound judgement.
Additionally, in accordance with the University’s Staff Code of Conduct – Governing Policy, all staff are expected to display professional behaviour, communicate respectfully, and perform their duties responsibly.
A role statement is not intended to limit the scope of a position but to highlight the key aspects of the position. The requirements of the position may be altered in order to meet the changing operational needs of the University.
Contact for Further Information
Associate Professor Amanda Henderson
Head of School
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
Telephone: +61 7 5456 5756
Midnight, Monday 10 February 2020
All applicants MUST provide both a statement of claims and resume/curriculum vitae.
Information regarding how to prepare your application and write an effective statement of claims is available on our website information for applicants
As part of your role, you may be required to travel to any one of USC's locations.
To apply please click the Apply button at top of screen.
USC values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
USC strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.