- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Team Leaders/Supervisors
About the business
Drakes Supermarkets is Australia's leading independent supermarket retailer. With over 5,500 employees in over 60 sites throughout South Australia and Queensland. Drakes story is a novel of incomparable success and it now enters the next exciting chapter, opening it's own Distribution Centre.
The DC is a brand new state-of-the-art facility, based in Edinburgh North. It is the most advanced independent distribution and logistics centre in the state, with world first technology.
About the role
Reporting to the Warehouse Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Accurately entering inventory data into system
- Resource planning to maximise efficiencies and ensure operational success
- Organising and monitoring daily task priorities, inclusive of but not limited to, order picking, goods receiving, goods dispatch, forklift stock movement, inventory management, training of new and existing Team Members, and WHS related tasks
- Ensuring Team Members are achieving required standards of performance, including quality of work performed and accurate completion of tasks, and reviewing performance outcomes with Team Members
- Supporting and coaching Team Members to allow them to achieve a consistent high level of performance
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal customers/ clients
- Adhering to business policies and procedures, including safe work practices and chain of responsibility directives
Benefits and perks
- Brand new state-of-the-art facility
- On-site exercise facility
- Lunch provided
- On-site car parking
Skills and experience
We are seeking pro-active leaders, who are looking to take on this exciting opportunity. The successful applicants will have the following skills:
- Understanding of general warehouse WHS safety policies and procedures
- High level prioritisation, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and effective decision-making ability
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive leadership skills and mindset
- Ability to monitor team member wellbeing and mindset and to actively ensure team member's overall happiness at work
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong internal and external customer focus
- Confident, mature and professional attitude with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to cope with changing work demands and a fast changing environment
- Reliable, committed and trustworthy
Demonstrated experience in the following is not essential, but will be highly regarded:
- Experience in leading a team in a warehousing and logistics environment
- Experience in Inventory Management
- Experience in operating WMS software
- Experience and knowledge of engineered standards in a warehouse environment
- Experience with rostering and performance managing teams
- Experience in the FMCG
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?