- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Busways is proudly family-owned and operated, with third-generation family leadership. Our team of more than 1500 employees has a core focus on people - quality customer service, employee development and stakeholder engagement.
With 76+ years’ experience operating bus services in NSW we are pursuing opportunities to expand our business domestically to achieve our vision – Australia’s leading public transport company, the first choice of our clients, customers and employees.
About the Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone ready for to take their next step to further develop their skills in a fast paced, collaborative and supportive environment as a Bid Submission Coordinator.
This is a full-time permanent position for a period of bidding activity commencing in March 2020 to work with our teams on site at our Pymble head office. Flexibility in working hours around the tender cycle will be required.
This role is perfectly suited to someone with some exposure to bids from a support, coordination or even EA perspective.
Working in a highly collaborative team environment to lead project managers, bid team specialists and SMEs through the proposal development process, you will coordinate and produce bid proposal submissions that result in winning and retaining business.
- Support the set-up of new bid processes, content and tools to support sustainable and best practice bidding.
- Coordinate and support the bid document preparation process from inception through to delivery.
- Manage the response schedule templates, version control and track status.
- Help interpret client requirements and identify and source the best content and knowledge to support the bid.
- With oversight, assist in content development with project teams, working with other team members.
- Develop high quality bids using established templates against brand guidelines.
- Contribute and help proof well written, accurate bids (with appropriate guidance).
- Liaise with a diverse range of SMEs and teams to support and coordinate input as required working within tight bid time frames.
- Assist with the capture and management of documentation through SharePoint and other knowledge repositories.
- Support and coordinate the production of bids including printing, binding and delivery.
- Contribute to harvesting bid material for continual improvement of bid processes.
Skills and Experience:
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia.
- Proven experience in tendering or writing for government, ideally within the transport sector.
- Able to communicate and work with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation and external consultants to implement the end-to-end bis process.
- Self-motivated and resilient with excellent time-management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to successfully motivate teams working under pressure.
- Advanced skill levels in Microsoft Word.
Why Join Us:
- Career development- we strongly believe in growth and encourage development with varying opportunities over time.
- Great culture- we are a close-knit company that bond over celebratory lunches, birthdays and come together for certain causes and events.
- Employee incentives- Lunch Club, weekly yoga classes, corporate gym members and more.
- Work/life balance- we pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our staff.
- Friendly team- enjoy working within a collaborative environment, working with a variety of friendly and hard-working stakeholders.
- Convenient location- our office is a short walk from Pymble and Gordon train stations with street parking available as well.
How to Apply:
If you have what it takes, please apply via SEEK by clicking on the "Apply for this job" button above with your CV and cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- What's your highest level of education?