Senior Project Manager
Advertiser: MFS ContractingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $120,000 - $199,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
MFS Contracing is a small, privately-owned Civil Engineering Construction company. Our office is centrally located in Concord (Inner West Sydney) on the bustling Main Street of Majors Bay Road, close to public transport and various amenities. We service projects across all of the Sydney Metro and Greater Sydney regions and our client base includes Level 1 Australian Service Providers, Private Sector Organisations and Tier 1 & 2 companies. Our company was established in 2015 and our reputation has secured us great continuity of work from our clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to become a key member of our team based in Concord. The successful candidate will work closely with the owner in consolidating and expanding new lines of business, whilst also developing the company as a brand. The successful applicant must be a team player, have effective organisational communication skills and have highly proficient experience in Excel.
This position offers a high level of opportunity for development, therefore it is best suited to a candidate that is driven to succeed, has a broad range of skills and is looking for a diverse role with great opportunity for progression.
Responsibilities and Duties
Due to the diversity of the role on offer, the successful applicant will be required to perform the following:
1. Project Management
- Project Manage a diverse range of utility projects, which will include working from the office and visiting the sites of works across Sydney Metro and Greater Sydney locations
- Oversee site works, interface with clients and ensure key project deliverables of cost, time and quality are met
- Develop lump sum pricing/bill of quantities on a range of utility projects, mainly including comms/electrical, using first principle estimates and open-market quotes from subcontractors and suppliers
- Allow for safe construction methods and risk management while developing programs for tenders
- Produce tenders from $50K to $2 million in value
- Evaluate subcontractor and supplier pricing and negotiate terms & conditions
- Prepare variations
3. Business Development
- Assist in the development of the company, including producing Management Plans and gaining company Accreditations
- Consolidating and increasing our portfolio of works with our existing clients
- Help with the development of a new client base in the Civil, Utility and Rail sectors
- Identifying and implementing brand building opportunities, such as logo placements, business affiliations and social media management
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in Engineering or similar degree
- Proven track record in key areas such as estimating and managing projects
- Experience in estimating projects on the Electrical/Comms Networks, most notably Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy and Telstra networks
- Experience working on Sydney Water projects and managing projects in the Rail sector is highly regarded, but not essential
- Ability to work autonomously to meet deadlines
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Proven track record in a similar role with more than 5 years experience in Australia
- Excellent Excel skills with ability to construct spreadsheets to suit relevant tenders
- Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 experience will also be highly regarded (either working for them as an employee or with them as a supplier/contractor)
What's on Offer
- An opportunity to join a close and growing team
- Great opportunities for career development and to become a key figure in the company
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary
- Office centrally located in Concord (Sydney Inner West) with travel to projects across the Sydney Metro and Greater Sydney region
- Company vehicle provided
Send through your completed resume and a covering letter to apply for this role
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?