Technical Support Officer
Advertiser: WYSCOMMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Who Are We?
WYSCOM is a Canberra based IT Company specialising in providing quality support to Customers Australia wide. WYSCOM are seeking a Technical Support Officer to provide support services across its customer base. The Technical Support Officer will work closely with WYSCOM Technicians.
What Do We Want?
The position requires a high level of focus, organisational skills, an ability to prioritise, and a commitment to attention to detail. A well-developed phone manner, and an ability to deal with clients, in differing situations, is also required.
The role does not require a formal qualification, however, a minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service/technical role, and experience in a technical environment, a broad understanding of IT, and passion for customer service would be advantageous.
What You Need?
To be fully effective in this role it is expected the Technical Support Officer will have:
- Help Desk experience;
- Good analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication skills;
- An ability to work independently, and with little supervision; and,
- Solid understanding of various computer applications.
- Provide Level 1 phone, email, and face to face support;
- Manage IT incidents reported to the Service Desk from entry through to resolution;
- Accurately record IT incidents using the Service Desk call management system;
- Accurately document incidents reported to the Service Desk;
- Communicate status of IT incidents with customers;
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct;
- Provide onsite support including software, hardware and networking for desktops, laptops, printers and servers;
- Maintain network and desktop hardware, laptops, printers and mobile devices;
- Perform software updates;
- Perform installs, moves, adds and changes; and,
- Test PC's, networks, servers and client approved applications.
It is also required that the occupant of this position will have a minimum 1 year experience in customer service/technical support, hold a valid unrestricted manual drivers licence, and be willing to undertake an Australian Police Check.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?