Production Workers - Food Industry
Advertiser: Mexex Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Pickers & Packers
About the business
Originally established in 1991 as a Mexican food commissary, Mexex has since evolved into an industry leading Australian industrial food manufacturer.
Mexex specializes in cooking and packing of Hotfill and Aseptic dairy, oil and tomato sauces. Into sizes ranging from 50gm to 1000kg. Along with the Aseptic processing of vegetable purees.
About the role
Mexex are growing - we are looking for casual candidates with Food Production experience. Depending on the workload, your day may start in production, move to packing and end in stores so the ability to be an all rounder is essential. A Forklift licence is an advantage to work in all aspects of our business.
Responsibilities may include
- Packing of sealed products into cartons.
- Rotation of stock for both inputs and outputs FIFO
- Adhere to Departmental KPI's with a focus on complete, correct legible job cards that comply with our procedures.
- Accurate picking and packing of customer orders including labels and wrapping of pallets including SSCC labels.
- Batching of ingredients either the day before or on the day of production.
- Setup, prepare and assist with maintenance of utensils and machinery for production the day before or on the day of production.
- To maintain batch traceability.
- To perform duties based on Mexex HACCP requirements.
- To promote good communication between all team members
Skills and experience
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Recent food production experience
- Ability to multi task
- Food safety knowledge
- Industrial Kitchen experience (beneficial)
- Forklift Licence (High Risk LF) an advantage
- Reliable car and licence
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical
Please note that due to the expected high number of applicants only those who are successful will be contacted.