Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Advertiser: AWESOME Arts Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- $55,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
AWESOME is one of Australia's most dynamic and innovative companies. Every year we ignite young imaginations with the AWESOME International Children's Festival in Perth, a multi-art form showcase of quality performances, exhibitions and activities from around the world. Throughout the year we deliver the Creative Challenge regional artist-in-residency program in addition to a range of other exciting projects for/with children and their grown-ups.
We're after a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join Team AWESOME. This role plays an integral part in the success of all our activities. The successful applicant will have some demonstrated experience and skills in marketing/communications, preferably in an arts/event/education environment.
Based in Northbridge, this position sits within a small team. Due to the nature of AWESOME's work, a flexible approach to working hours is essential.
We're on a mission to find the right person with the right attitude and skills.
If that's you, then send us an application by COB 14 February 2020.
To apply, please send us the following information:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Written response to each of the Selection Criteria outlined below
- A Covering Letter containing an outline of what personal attributes you would bring to the role of Marketing and Communications Coordinator at AWESOME Arts
- Identification of three referees and current contact details
- A proven track-record for achieving positive media coverage
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders with varying investments.
- Proven ability to implement marketing strategies.
- Ability to develop/maintain working relationships with the WA print, broadcast and electronic media, including editors/journalists
- Able to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to think creatively and strategically
- High level of computer literacy
Please note that applicants who do not submit the required information will not be considered for the role.
Applications close at COB on Friday 14 February, 2020 and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or posted to:
AWESOME Arts Australia Ltd.
PO BOX 529 NORTHBRIDGE, WA 6865
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Implement current publicity strategies including media releases, invitations and ticketing, photo shoots, interview schedules and creative ways of generating media coverage.
- Develop and maintain a media contacts database.
- Source and maintain publicity material including biographies, posters, photographs and program material.
- Stakeholder relationship management.
- Develop and maintain media partnerships, deliver outcomes including but not limited to competitions, reviewer programs and organising artist interviews for exclusive editorial
Marketing, advertising and promotion:
- Implement AWESOME Arts Australia Ltd’s marketing plan relating to the annual AWESOME Festival, Creative Challenge regional program, community development programs and various special projects.
- Work with designers to prepare and coordinate the production and distribution of all marketing and promotional materials including programs, reports, catalogs, posters, flyers, web banners, teaching resources, signage and television commercials.
- Create and maintain advertising partnerships with major media outlets.
- Conduct long-lead marketing and publicity campaigns where required
- Contribute to developing, maintaining and monitoring the annual PR/marketing budget.
- Schedule, coordinate and book all advertising activity including print media, television and radio.
- Develop and implement direct mail strategies including the production of direct mail material (eg. online newsletters)
Sponsorship and Funding:
- Maintain a database of all existing and potential sponsorships for the organisation.
- Develop and maintain a sponsor’s signage schedule for all events.
- Develop and maintain an AWESOME signage schedule on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain media, photography and advertising archival files.
- Maintain hard copy record of all sponsorship, promotional and advertising agreements to ensure they are accessible at all times.
- Assist the Operations Manager/CEO to prepare sponsorship proposals and funding applications.
- Assist the Operations Manager/CEO to ensure that marketing-related contractual obligations to sponsors are effectively met.
- Assist the Operations Manager/CEO in seeking sponsorship and funding opportunities for the company.
- Assist in the preparation of any award submissions
- Assist the Operations Manager/CEO in reporting to sponsors and funding bodies.
- Work with web developers to maintain company website in accordance with the PR/marketing plan and as agreed with the Operations Manager.
- Regular website updates
- Source appropriate links to the company’s website and maintain current links.
- Arrange event documentation including photography and video recording.
- Brief staff/stakeholders on branding and style
- Update and maintain social media platforms
- Creation and delivery of online audience survey
- Collation of quantitative and qualitative audience data
- Build company subscriber base
- High level of awareness of AWESOME Arts Australia Ltd and its programs.
- Quality PR and marketing campaigns & materials.
- Satisfaction of sponsors, funding bodies, media and other relevant stakeholders.
- Maximum number of reviews and publicity for AWESOME Arts Australia Ltd programs.
- Quality reporting, evaluation and documentation.