Mixed Crop Farmer
Advertiser: Target Business ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jan 2020
- $55,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
Location: 75 Cain Road, Lambells Lagoon, NT 0822
Our client, Red Rich Fruits (NSW) Pty Ltd. is a leading wholesaler of top quality fresh Fruit and Vegetables and takes pride in providing fresh produce at the best possible market prices. Company also has a mango farm spread over approx. 80 hectare located in Lagoon NT. Their overall farming system is focused on growing mangoes to their highest potential by paying particular attention to timeliness of operations, weed control and soil health management
The client is looking to fill full time positions for skilled and experienced Mixed Crop Farmer. You will work closely with the owners to develop and implement appropriate strategies for mango production. As a crucial member of the team, you will be responsible for planning, organising, controlling and performing farming operations to grow a large variety of mangoes.
You will be accountable for meeting daily operational requirements of the farm, in support of the annual business plan, to achieve maximum productivity and profitability through innovative sustainable farming practices. You will organise and conduct farming operations and will be involved in all farming activities including supervising spraying and irrigation and supervision of staff and contractors.
You must hold a relevant Bachelor Degree or above/ or at least 5 years previous experience in the same role.
In this role your main responsibilities include:
- Oversee all planning, planting, harvest and operational activities throughout the year
- Maintain mangoes production by cultivating and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- Organise and conduct farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce, and organising the sale, purchase and dispatch of produce
- Ensure a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and build a culture where safety is a priority
- Maintain farm infrastructure
- Direct and oversee general farming activities such as fertilizing and pest and weed control
- Maximize crop production within budgeted costs
- Maintain farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- Maintain and evaluate records of farming activities
- Monitor market activity, and plan crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- Ensure growing methods meet quality requirements of wholesalers
- Assist in the management of seasonal workers
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, including capital expenditure, wage and production running costs
- Work closely with packing and quality management to produce the highest quality products
You will need to possess the following skills and personal attributes:
- Extensive experience in mango cropping
- Sound agronomic knowledge of agricultural chemicals
- Strong knowledge of agricultural equipment use and safety
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Commitment to improve farm efficiency and profitability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
The salary offered is $57,000 and is market competitive to attract the very best people.
Also you must have work rights in Australia, or be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident. To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Closing Date: 17th Feb 2020
Red Rich Fruits (NSW) Pty Ltd. are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. Client is committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers they serve and encourage applications from all backgrounds.