Advertiser: Timber Flooring Clearance CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- $20 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
We are Timber Flooring Clearance Centre, a growing family business located in Springvale, Victoria. We pride ourselves on good quality products at a low price and exceptional customer service. Our warehouse and deliveries are a key part of our business and need somebody passionate, trustworthy and hard working to assist in the running of the warehouse and delivering of products to our valued customers.
About the role:
- Pack orders to be delivered locally and sent interstate
- Deliver to customers locally around Melbourne and across Victoria. This involves a lot of continuous heavy lifting and long stretches of driving
- Adhere to road rules and laws when driving our vehicles
- Choose quickest and most efficient routes when driving. Use e-tags with care
- Contact customers to be delivered to and inform them of your ETA and keep them informed of any delays
- Pick up stock from suppliers, ensuring goods being picked up are correct, not damaged and that paperwork all ties up
- Measure and cut underlay for all orders being dispatched
- Roll, measure, cut and back roll carpet
- Hand load flooring into/onto customers vehicles when orders are picked up
- Load vehicles for delivery (with forklift)
- Keep warehouse neat, tidy and safe
- Adhere to OH&S procedures
- Ensure orders being dispatched and received in are accurate. ie correct product, correct quantity and no damage etc and that all related paperwork is treated properly
- Help lay new products on showroom floor for display purposes
- Use MYOB to print orders
- Reliable. Reliability is absolutely crucial in this role.
- Physically fit - must be able to lift heavy items
- Positive/Can-do attitude
- Willing to get stuck in and get your hands dirty
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Able to commit to 4 to 6 days a week including every Saturday and be somewhat flexible with hours.
Forklift licence and drivers licence essential. MR or HR licence beneficial but not at all essential.
If this sounds like the job for you, then please apply through Seek.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?