Team Leader - Practice Lead 6 Months Secondment
Advertiser: GSL: A Good Start to LifeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Jan 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Please note: GSL invites applications from across Australia
GSL is a local provider of specialist services & support tailored to the individual needs of children, young adults & their families living with disability. We are located in beautiful Cairns - where reef meets rain forest. The organisation thrives on practices of agility and relies heavily on it's leadership teams to demonstrate client/participant efficacy, actively support and advocate for GSL's culture and values and represent the mission and vision of GSL in everything we do.
We visualise a #worldaccelerated in which a child with a disability living in regional Australia has a good start to life
Our mission is to eradicate isms for today’s generation of children living with a disability in regional Australia
We are deliberate about the future we want to achieve for children. We question everything we do so we don’t accidently reconceive what we want to leave in the past
Deliver on a promise
We are deeply committed to trusted relationships, whether this be with clients and families, between ourselves or with anyone in the community. Our word is our honour.
Dare to be different
We know our point of difference is that we celebrate all the good things a person has to offer, so …
We are currently recruiting for 2 Secondment Positions as Team Leaders to join individual services within our Care and Supported Independent Living service streams. The purpose of the secondment contract would be to focus on alignment of service standards, teams and functionality of the service working alongside the Integrated Unit lead.
The successful applicants will have suitable formal qualification and experience in a clinical or industry related field specifically in a mental health environment leading teams, providing clinical input and direction and motivating high quality responsive service delivery. As a Team Leader you will immerse in the full service supporting / caring for clients, taking lead on all service related directions including all things administratively related, managing the service budget and providing ongoing leadership to your team of support workers.
To be successful in this role, you will provide strong, consistent and practical leadership, mentoring and coordination of associated services which supports the provision of high quality and best practice services specifically orientated to the needs of young people or adults in a residential setting whilst demonstrating high levels of organisational skills and administrative ability.
- relevant qualifications and experience as stated;
- demonstrated experience working with children or young people in a residential care setting;
- a strong interest in working within a team and motivating / supporting good outcomes to help the needs of children or young people
- a desire to work collaboratively
- a commitment to best practice and ongoing learning;
- administrative and organisational skills of the highest order;
- a true and evident passion for the individual needs of children, young adults & their families living with disability and / or mental health disorders;
- a desire to work within an innovative and ‘clever’ environment which motivates and stimulates initiative, process improvement and best practice,
- the ability to confidently lead on all clinical matters.
- A 6 month secondment contract;
- Remuneration within the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010 Level 3;
- Annual Leave Loading;
- An opportunity to work within a smart and innovative, agile team using systems and processes which ensure smooth and seamless job crafting;
- Reward and recognition;
- FUN and creativity
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How many years' experience do you have as a case manager?