- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Part Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
- Are you looking for an opportunity to lead and support veterinary science students in the new Australian Veterinary Student Group?
- With a highly respected, national professional association, do you aspire to support the the next generation of veterinarians?
- Are you excited at the prospect of facilitating the growth and competence of veterinary science students as they become ready to join the profession?
- Are you ready to expand your leadership competence in a flexible, friendly, and rewarding organisation?
If this is you, please read on.
The Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) is a professional organisation that represents over 9000 veterinarians and students across Australia. Our member veterinarians are experts in animal health and welfare and one of Australia’s most trusted and respected professions. Our organisation promotes and leads scientific progress and outcomes in the field of Veterinary Science.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the AVA, providing leadership and co-ordination of our newest group, the Australian Veterinary Student Group (AVSG). Whilst operating within the common interests of the AVA, this is an opportunity to promote and support the needs of Students and facilitate activities further connecting the Veterinary profession and practices – having particular focus on the student experience.
This is an interesting and varied position that will partner with member Committees to set the strategic agenda, coordinate plans and implement membership and development initiatives. You will be supported by a small team, and have access to other specialist roles within our National Office based in Sydney.
This role is based in Sydney but we are open to discussion with applicants who meet our selection criteria and are based in other locations. Some travel will be required.
As our ideal candidate, you will demonstrate:
- tertiary qualifications in veterinary science within the last five years
- excellent communication skills – verbal, written
- proficiency in presentation and oral skills
- well developed influence and engagement skills
- experience in leading projects
You may be in a government or industry role currently, or perhaps have the experience and skills to explore a move from veterinary practice into a management and advocacy role. Above all, you have a passion for making a positive impact on the journey of up and coming veterinary science students.
This is a rare opportunity to take your career to the next level, in a values based organisation that supports one of Australia’s most trusted professions. You’ll become part of the AVA family, working in a friendly and positive employee culture and great team environment.
If your experience meets our requirements, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further enquires may also be directed to Jeffrey Wilkinson, Manager of AVA’s Groups on email email@example.com or 02 9431 5081. Interested candidates must be living in Australia with an appropriate work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?