Casual Retail Store Assistant
Advertiser: 'The Aquarium FactoryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- $20 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
The Aquarium Factory is seeking an energetic and experienced person to work within our team. Reporting direct to the Manager you will be a highly motivated self starter with a passion for Aquariums.
An opportunity exists within our company for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed person to assist our customers.
- Knowledge of Coldwater, Freshwater and Marine fish keeping & maintenance
About the role;
This hands-on sales position will provide support in a range of activities. You will be expected to effectively contribute to the daily activities required for the functioning of the store, which will include, but are not limited to assist and advice customers with their store purchases, handle cash and credit card transactions, provide information to customers about the aquarium, its "inhabitants" and all activities, familiarise and update one-self with new products in the store, aquaria cleaning and maintenance, feeding fish and maintaining all aspects of fish husbandry including disease identification and treatment. The role is for a casual position which can potentially lead into more frequent hours as our business continues to grow.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Retail Sales experience.
- Work on a flexible basis, including weekends and holidays.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Team Player
- Fit and healthy, good verbal communicator, good paperwork skills, reliable, punctual, organised, great personal presentation, a high degree of professionalism, a great work ethic and essentially to be customer focused,
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- Do you have experience using point of sale (POS) software?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you available to work public holidays?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?