General Manager (Re-advertised)
Advertiser: Independent Brewers AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the business
The Independent Brewers Association is still on the lookout for a General Manager. It's that time of year to think about changing lanes in your career ... think about this. If you are a brewing industry professional on either the supply side or in the industry itself with experience in brewing, marketing, sales, or commercial this could interest you.
The IBA Board is looking for someone to head up what is already a very strong team to help take our industry through the next phase of development. If you're interested please email the Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
As General Manager their role is to work together with the Board of Directors to represent the interests of the IBA Members and other stakeholders by ensuring the association is focused on achieving its mission.
Provide support to the Board Project Groups and facilitate / coordinate the implementation of the actions flowing from those groups.
The General Manager's role is to lead the development and execution of the association's operational plans, and role model and nurture the development of a team culture that is tightly aligned to the values of the association.
Governance and statutory
- Team Health and Safety
- Financial health including accuracy and frequency of reporting
- Association operates within the regulatory framework
- Avoid conflicts of interest between the Association and personal interests of the team
- Primary spokesperson for the association in relation to industry matters
- Provides a positive contribution to the awareness and development of the industry within the media
Development and execution of operational business plans
- Work with the Chair and Board to set long term goals and strategic direction
- Set and adjust strategic priorities with the Chair
- Coordinate the actions from Project Groups and the IBA team
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual operating plans
- Develop the relationships and activities to further the development of the industry
- Manage the development and execution of all IBA events
- Provide quality communications to the industry and consumers
- Oversee the development of a highly engaged and aligned culture across the team
- Role model values and behaviours
Delivery of financial, and operating targets
- Balance the priorities and evolve plans to achieve the agreed annual targets
- Revenue, Margin and Operating Surplus
- Expenditure and returns
- Cash generation and optimisation
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce and or industry affiliated field
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate
- Preferred five years experience in the liquor / alcohol industry (operator, supplier etc)
- Demonstrated experience in a customer / member service environment
- Administration experience including finance, CRM systems etc
- Communications experience including social media, PR, websites and
- Played a role in an industry, not for profit organisation (board member, exec officer etc)
Applications Close: February 4th
Please direct all applications and enquiries to:
Independent Brewers Association
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?