Advertiser: Industry BeansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- $20 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Launched in 2013, Industry Beans is an award-winning specialty coffee roaster, coffee wholesaler, café operator and retail brand. From grassroots beginnings, Industry Beans has grown into a refined hospitality and coffee brand operating in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, with exciting opportunities for professionals of every experience looking to grow within an innovative and diverse company.
Due to ongoing success and growth, we are looking to add a Part-Time Accounts Officer to our Accounts team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. The role could be suitable for someone currently studying a Finance/Accounting degree and looking to gain further experience, or someone with prior experience who is looking for part-time work with flexible working arrangements at 3 days per week.
The role contains the following roles and duties:
- Manage supplier relationships, handling payment queries and addressing supplier correspondence
- Maintain the data integrity of our Food and Beverage inventory management system
- Daily company credit card reconciliation and ensuring appropriate record keeping of supporting documents
- Generate Purchase Orders as per Managers requests
- Responsible for accounts payable across multiple entities, ensuring timely and accurate processing of invoices and supplier payments following our internal approval process.
- Responsible for accounts receivable across multiple entities including creation of invoices, receipting of payments, following up outstanding invoices and accounts receivable account reconciliation
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by the Financial Controller.
The successful candidate can benefit from the following:
- A friendly working environment
- Training and personal development provided
- Flexibility with preferred days
- Local office located in Brunswick (Public Transport friendly)
- Immediate start available
- Opportunity for paid experience to kick start career
The successful candidate must have:
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Advanced communication and organisational skills with an excellent work ethic
- Strong resolution skills and an exceptional level of attention to detail
- A friendly yet professional interpersonal style
- Practical knowledge of Xero or a similar accounting system
If this role interest you, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply with your Resume and Cover letter detailing why you’ll be perfect for this role!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?