Accounts Payable / Assistant Accountant Maternity Leave
Advertiser: Show Technology Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Jan 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Who we are
Show Technology was founded on a simple idea: that companies can be successful by putting the customer before everything else.
We distribute the world’s leading lighting brands to theatres, convention centres, schools, clubs, production companies, TV studios, venues, and anywhere else that may need our invaluable experience.
In 2019 we turned 25 and in our quarter-century of existence, we have managed to establish ourselves as leaders in our market. We are an exciting company working with the industry’s experts in our field and our team is united by a shared passion for lighting technology.
Our team holds a wealth of industry technical experience and respect with many of our staff having been with us for over a decade but we need more help as we continue to expand and grow to support our industry. It’s a great place for lighting guys and gals to work if they are tired of being on the road!
Our headquarters are in Sydney and we also have offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Auckland. We offer a casual, friendly and secure working environment in a well-established, growing company which still manages to maintain its family-business culture.
Show Technology, it’s a passion not work.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Accounts team for a 6 month maternity leave contract, based at our HQ in Sydney. In this role you will be responsible for the management of our Accounts Payable function, and assisting the Company Accountant in month end and financial reporting. Ideally we are looking for someone that has overall accounting experience that has an understanding of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and the General Ledger functions.
This is a full time role reporting to the Company Accountant, which would best suit a friendly, willing-to-help team player who has the ability to operate in a fast changing environment and maintain high standards as a priority.
- Processing Accounts payable invoices to accounting system
- Ensuring appropriate approvals and allocations of all invoices
- Processing payment files to bank
- Manage corporate credit cards, allocations and processing.
- Process daily bank transactions.
- Reconcile local and overseas supplier accounts.
- Reconcile stock in transit accounts.
- Assisting with the month end reporting.
- Preparing and processing monthly journals
- Completing bank and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Process customer credits to Debtor accounts
- Support and back up to the Accounts Receivable function.
- Manage Canteen and stationery supplies for the business.
- Back up and support for payroll functions.
To be successful in this role you must have these essential skills:
- Experience in processing accounts payable/receivable/payroll and sub-ledger and general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency to intermediate level using MS Suite of products.
- Ability to pick up systems and duties quickly.
- A strong team ethic
- Effective communication and friendly interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously with or without supervision
- Attention to detail
- Be driven to achieve results.
Perks of the job:
An attractive salary package is on offer in accordance with the successful candidate's experience, as well as state-of-the-art office facilities with an on-site gym, on-site parking and breakfast and lunch provided in our café style staff lunch room. If you are a driven and motivated individual looking for a career in an exciting industry, please email your CV to HR@showtech.com.au.
This role is located in Silverwater and our hours are 9am to 5.30pm.
Regrettably no sponsorship opportunities are available, only Australian/NZ permanent residents and citizens need apply.
No agencies, please.
Apologies, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?