Speech Pathologist / Therapist
Advertiser: IWCMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Jan 2020
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
IWC is an Aboriginal community-controlled and multi-accredited health and wellbeing organisation that delivers services without discrimination to Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Bundaberg and the Wide Bay Burnett. Our Allied Health professionals work within a holistic whole-of-person model of compassionate care. A growing and dynamic organisation, IWC’s expanding Allied Health operations are based in an award-winning Health & Wellbeing Complex which has just undergone a $20 million expansion.
IWC is seeking an accredited and registered Speech Pathologist / Therapist for our Allied Health Professional team who are involved in primary / clinical care services delivered by the IWC. This position is suitable for either an experienced Speech Pathologist / Therapist or a recent graduate.
- Formal and informal assessment of children and adolescents.
- Treatment of children and adolescents
- Collaboration with family and other stakeholders to develop individualised and family-centred treatment plans that incorporate a holistic view of the client.
- Managing a varied and complex clinical caseload independently and to a high standard.
- Participation in team meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualification in speech pathology.
- Speech Pathology Australia Membership
- Medicare/DVA registration or ability to obtain
- CPR & Current First Aid
- Demonstrated ability to comply with the profession’s code of ethics and function in accordance with legislation affecting occupational therapy practice.
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Genuine interest in people
- Reliable and organised
- Good problem-solving skills
- High level communication skills
- Ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Holds a Blue Card for Working with Children
- Undertake a Police Check
- Hold a current Drivers Licence