- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jan 2020
- Bairnsdale & Gippsland
- Band 5 - $65, 393 - $75,165
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
Position No. 881
Band 5 - $65,393 – $75,165 per annum plus 9.5% statutory superannuation
Wellington Shire Council is looking for a bright, vibrant and energetic Communications Officer to join its Communications and Media Team. In this role you will be responsible for the development and delivery of a range of media and public relations services to Wellington Shire Council.
The successful applicant will possess thorough attention to detail, along with excellent communication and time management skills. A good understanding of politics is essential. This position will be well suited to someone who has either had previous journalism or media communications experience and is capable of working in a fast-pace, deadline driven environment.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the criteria below:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Political knowledge and understanding of political processes.
- Highly developed evaluation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to identify and source relevant content for a range of mediums.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a proven ability to set goals, manage competing demands and fluctuating workloads.
- Skills with the Microsoft suits of products, Adobe Creative Suite skills are beneficial.
Wellington Shire Council uses award-winning technologies to seek and implement innovative improvements across the organisation. We work hard to position ourselves as a leader in local government, continuously improving our diverse range of services for the betterment of our community.
We offer a rewarding culture of innovation, flexibility and continued learning in a collaborative, supportive environment.
Wellington Shire Council is committed to upholding the Child Safe Standards and associated legislative requirements.
Wellington Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to encourage applications from people of different backgrounds, abilities, ages, genders and/or sexual orientations and gender identities.
Wellington Shire is Victoria’s third largest municipality. Its 10,924m2 extends from the High Country through the Gippsland Plains to the famous Ninety Mile Beach. Sale is less than 3 hours drive east of Melbourne and the region boasts excellent sporting, educational, and recreational facilities. Visit http://www.centralgippsland.com.au to find out why the Wellington Shire is a great place to live and work.
How to Apply:
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in this advertisement and will be accepted no later than Midnight Tuesday 25 February 2020.
A Position Description can be obtained from this link.