Strategic Business Development Manager
Advertiser: Travel Beyond GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Travel Agents/Consultants
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, confident BDM that is looking to revolutionise the MICE industry. We need a BDM that wants to build their own team, and disturb the market with the backing of a fast-growing events consultancy firm. We need you to take our recipe to market and grow the business. This role provides autonomy for you to design the sales arm of the business. We are looking for an individual with fresh ideas and a positive attitude that wants to win big.
Reporting to the General Manager of Events Beyond, the focus of this role is to support the strategic sales goals of Travel Beyond Group (TBG) through the development, execution and measurement of key sales initiatives. This role has a key responsibility for developing a robust sales pipeline and for identifying, marketing, negotiating and securing profitable new business to support the overall Group goals. The role is responsible for all sales activities including prospecting, meeting with prospective clients, presentations, networking, enhancing and maintaining client relationships and stakeholder management.
About the Events Beyond
Events Beyond is a Division of Travel Beyond Group. The team at Events Beyond provides detailed end-to-end event management solutions and professional tools to ensure successful corporate events for our clients.
At Events Beyond, we know precisely why we're different. It's not only for the creative partnerships we build or the considerable industry insight our team possess. Nor is it the savings or strategic outcomes we enable.
Designing and managing bespoke events requires both creativity and expertise. Events Beyond guarantee fresh ideas, a flexible approach and service which is efficient and reliable. Our guarantee to deliver Beyond stems from an understanding of what it takes to keep audiences engaged, ensuring a message withstands the test of time.
Our expertise means we budget efficiently, plan accurately and leave nothing to chance. To be successful at Events Beyond we need you to be organised, creative, flexible and have a passion for delivering outstanding events.
- Generation of leads and development of new business revenue streams.
- Leverages industry experience and proven hunting skills to build new customer relationships and develop valuable revenue opportunities.
- Focuses on opportunities with significant long-term potential.
- Develops sales approaches and solutions which lead to increased penetration and share of market.
- Uses CRM diligently to track account opportunities and pipeline; follows up on customer service issues as appropriate and conversions through CRM platform ; fulfills management reporting requirements.
- Track and maintain up to date pipeline and sales reports to assess opportunity levels
- Close sales
- Achieve set acquisition targets
- Provide weekly sales reports to management
- In consultation with the GM of Events Beyond, develop a sales plan that supports TBG's growth strategy
- Attending client meetings with other TBG employees
- Meet on a regular basis with GM of Events Beyond to discuss pipeline and opportunities
- Prepare tailored proposals and RFP responses in collaboration with GM of Events Beyond
- Develop and deliver client presentations
- Negotiate financial terms of client agreements
- Sales activities including client engagement, networking and attending client meetings
- Maintain and enhance business-to-business relationships
- Intimate knowledge of MICE industry and strong connections throughout
- 3+ years in Sales &/or Business Development roles, preferably in MICE industry with demonstrated results (please outline)
- Experience and understanding of the corporate travel and MICE ecosystem essential
- Proven track record in successful business relationship development & maintenance
- Solid MICE industry network
- Highly skilled communicator (oral, written & presentation)
- Attention to detail
- Strong business knowledge and acumen
- Ability and confidence in managing client relationships
- Robust negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great attitude and helpful approach
- Ability to travel domestically when required
Salary Negotiable (based on Experience)
Attractive Base Salary + Super + Uncapped Commission
Note: Applicants must have the right to live and work permanently in this location to be eligible for this job.
No recruitment agencies or head hunters please
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
(Please note: that applications will be assessed as they are received, and Travel Beyond Group reserves the right to close the job at any time)
For more information please contact Monica Byatt, HR Business Partner at email@example.com. Please visit our website to find out more about us www.travelbeyond.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?