Company Accountant & Commercial Manager
Advertiser: Koch & CoMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jan 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management
We are offering an exciting Company Accountant position for someone who wishes to be involved in a company and grow into management level.
Koch & Co. is a leading Gift, Home Deco and Florist Supplier since 1931. We are an importer and wholesaler with retail and online selling. Our organisation has a national presence and is the innovator & market leader in our field. Our head office is located at Huntingwood Blacktown.
About the role:
The role is an autonomous team leader role reporting directly to the Managing Director and leading a team of 2. You will manage all end to end accounting and financial responsibilities. Your role will involve:
- Manage the preparation and submission of accurate financial reports, including Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet and financial analysis;
- Manage transactional accounting including AP, AR and weekly Payroll;
- Manage Human Resources (HR) and Work place Health & Safety (WH&S) functions;
- Preparing Cash-flow projections and monitoring funding requirements;
- Monthly tax preparations (BAS & Payroll-taxes) and correspondence with the ATO;
- Preparation of annual budgets and monthly reporting on variances;
- Liaising with external auditors for year end finalisations;
- Working collaboratively with the business managers to identify cost saving opportunities and drive improvements;
- Treasury Financing, including forex deals management;
- Support with ongoing initiatives including process improvements & system efficiencies;
- Liaising with our business bankers for funding initiatives;
- Liaising with our insurance brokers for our business insurance needs.
The successful candidate will be:
- CA or CPA qualified or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role; Your experience should preferably come from import, wholesale & retailing environment;
- Possess high level of oral and written communication, interpersonal, consultation and presentation skills including action plan development;
- Have excellent problem solving ability, analytical skills and ability to manage competing issues and work to tight deadlines;
- You will possess outstanding stakeholder management skills as well as demonstrable experience in customer service;
- Thrive in a team based environment and be comfortable being a self-starter who can work independently with a high level of initiative;
- Be inquisitive, energetic and have a thirst for knowledge on processes; systems and the Businesses we support;
- Have strong experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word);
- Knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Accounting software.
This role will suit someone who is proficient and well rounded when it comes to day to day accounting and statutory obligations, HR procedure and broad management accounting reporting. It offers opportunity to grow as a company accountant into a senior management role.
What to do next:
If you would like to apply for this position, please click APPLY now.
Alternatively, you can send your updated resume to email@example.com.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?