Advertiser: Kennedys TimbersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Assembly & Process Work
Kennedy’s Timbers is one of Australia’s leading recycled timber manufacturers and suppliers. Our Brisbane, Melbourne & Sydney based facilities produce a range of architectural timber products, providing architects, designers and builders with a full spectrum of timber design possibilities. With an impressive history of signature projects, Kennedy’s timbers are in high demand across the commercial and residential building industry.
Our Melbourne Branch, based out of Campbellfield is currently searching for a Production Assistant to join the team.
- Current Forklift Ticket preferable
- Be able and competent with the use of hand & power tools
- Proactive positive work ethic
- Ability to plan ahead and work without supervision
- Able to meet client deadlines
- Solid work history
- Previous Timber yard experience preferred but not essential
- Previous experience working with hardwood timbers preferable
Primary roles – but not limited to:-
- Work in a safe manner by abiding by safety procedures and policies
- Picking of feedstock for orders to be processed
- Cleaning Work area
- Assisting Wood Machinist
- Other general duties required to meet client orders
- Loading and unloading of all deliveries inwards and outwards
This is a great opportunity for motivated applicants looking to further their career with a progressive growth orientated family company.
There will be a minimum 3 month casual probationary period - award rate under Timber Industry Award 2010 applicable to successful applicant (MUST meet above requirements)
Kennedy's operate a drug and alcohol free site and the successful applicant would be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug screening.
To apply for this position please click the “APPLY” button below and submit your resume
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have picker packer experience?