- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jan 2020
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
Cross Verwijmeren Pty Ltd is a Bunbury based earthmoving company that provides earthmoving capability to support mineral exploration and mining projects in Western Australia. We are currently searching for experienced Safety and Training personnel to be based at various exploration and development projects across the Pilbara. The work involves supporting small teams of operations personnel to ensure client requirements are met to the highest standard.
Applications will be favourably considered from persons who have had experience in the Pilbara environment. Rosters are currently 2.1 with no shift work.
The ideal candidates must have qualifications and experience in Safety and Training. Sound interpersonal skills are also essential attributes for this position . All applicants must be able to problem solve, work under pressure, show initiative and have a good practical understanding of HSEQ regulations & compliance.
The position has key responsibilities for compliance and continuous improvement of the earthworks and maintenance operations at a site based level. The position works closely with the senior management team to continually improve Cross Verwijmeren operational processes.
Initially an hourly rate would be offered with prospect of a salary package after an probationary period.
- Demonstrated abilities to form relationships with key personnel.
- Qualifications in Safety and Training
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Sound understanding of legislative requirements.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to effectively prioritise workload.
- Demonstrated ability to issue and follow directions and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to utilise computer systems and communications technology.
- Current Western Australian "C" class Driver's Licence.
- First Aid qualification.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Are you available to work FIFO / DIDO contracts?