Advertiser: MANIAX Axe ThrowingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Venue Manager - MANIAX Adelaide
MANIAX Axe Throwing introduced the fast growing and exciting sport of Urban Axe Throwing to Australia in 2014. MANIAX specialises in organising Axe Throwing events for corporate and social groups housed in their purpose built warehouses across Australia. MANIAX is expanding rapidly as we strive to share the thrilling experience of hurling hatchets with all of Australia!
We are seeking an individual with an exuberant and outgoing personality, with experience in:
- Customer-facing roles
- Leading a team of staff
- Managing an entertainment/sporting/hospitality venue
- Excellent organisational skills
Primary functions of this job are:
- Play a key role in the launch of the most highly anticipated axe throwing facility in Australia.
- Manage day-to-day operations of our event space in Adelaide.
- Co-ordinate and organise corporate events
- Hire, train and roster our Axepert Axe Throwing Coaches to run fun, safe and engaging sessions
- Continue to build the business through establishing partnerships and innovative ideas
- Liaise with our leadership team based in other states around Australia
- Going above and beyond for your guests to give each group the most axecellent experience ever!
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally in running an entertainment/sporting/hospitality venue
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Reliable and the ability to work autonomously
- Proven track record in managing staff effectively
- Ability to cope under pressure - we get busy!!
- Capable, professional and fun management style
- Ability to learn our in-house software to manage bookings, rostering and events.
- Current First Aid Certification + Responsible Service of Alcohol Accreditation
- Previous experience with being a licensee is desirable
What does MANIAX offer you?
- Generous starting salary
- Opportunities for interstate travel
- Potential for growth and development into more senior leadership roles within the company
- Flexible rostered hours within a full-time role
- Be given the opportunity to play a part in driving the direction of Australia's leading Urban Axe Throwing company
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?