Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Quality Assurance & Control
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Packaging Manager to join our R&D and Technical Services team at our corporate offices in Southbank, Melbourne on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Head of R&D – Cheese, Beverages and Packaging, the Packaging Manager will use their technical and managerial skills to set the agenda for packaging technology development and influence the business accordingly.
They will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in all aspects of packaging development, quality improvements, technical assistance and process improvements.
- Project management and technical support for the introduction of new consumer packaging and packaging development solutions to the food and beverage industries.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (both local and international) to anticipate future packaging requirements, regulatory, cost implications and to source information on new products, raw materials and technology.
- Maintain awareness in new and emerging technologies and product developments, using this information to drive areas of innovation and develop opportunities to increase revenue and profit growth.
- Support the development of strategic & business plans for the R&D/Technical Services department.
- Oversee and lead productivity teams related to packaging programs and oversee technical support required for sites.
- Tertiary studies in Packaging, Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant Food Packaging experience (10+ years) with a variety of packaging mediums, experience solely with a packaging supplier is not required.
- Experience managing a team
- Experience implementing packaging innovation projects, e.g. cost reduction projects that have generated savings
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global direction for packaging sustainability
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and lead change initiatives
- Bases decisions on data i.e. facts – hence a requirement for process-orientation
- Discount on company branded products
- Competitive salary package
- Southbank, Melbourne location
- Assistance program for employees & their families
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?