Application Support Engineer
Advertiser: Civica International Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Civica builds software and provides IT and digital transformation services to support some of the most important organisations in our communities; like schools, libraries, local councils and state agencies. We work with some of the largest Library & Education providers bringing their services into the digital age. Our products are market leaders, some of them are globally renowned.
Our team is proud to work within the sectors we do, where we make a real difference, contributing to the growth of the societies that we live in and accelerating the digital transformation of the public sector and associated markets. Want to join us and help continue our mission?
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Application Support Engineer to join our Library and Education Solutions business unit, working within the Perth office on a permanent basis. In this role you will be providing professional service excellence to Civica's customers and support to internal and international office.
- Provide general L2 & L3 support to our customer's queries, participate in troubleshooting/resolution cycles, root causes analysis, patches/fixes implementations.
- Installation/deployment of LES software in line with internal procedures and processes.
- SQL databases operations and manipulations as required or requested including backup plans and maintenance
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Adherence
- Work with application installation documentation and knowledge management lifecycle
We are looking for a dynamic & driven Application support Analyst with proven experience in a similar role as well as:
- Expertise in Windows Server (2012 & 2016), Linux Server (CentOS, RedHat) platforms, and general database (MySQL and MS SQL Server 2012 and above) administration skills.
- Basic network knowledge (IP address, Gateway, NAT) & working knowledge of Load Balancing (Netscalers, Nginx) & Firewall (like ASA)
- Basic understanding of container technologies like Docker and tools like Kubernetes
- Demonstrable advanced application debugging (Microsoft .NET technology stack) and troubleshooting skills.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong well developed testing skills and in-depth knowledge of current testing techniques across the test phases
At Civica we believe our people are our biggest asset and we pride ourselves on cultivating a supportive and modern working environment; whilst providing you with the tools you need to get the job done. We will offer what you would expect in today's modern work environments:
- Join a growing and successful business
- Genuine career development
- Flexible working conditions
Do we sound like a good match? If so then we would love to hear from you so apply now! Please include a cover letter outlining how your experience, aspirations and values are a match, along with your resume and we will take it from there.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many weeks' notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- What is your preferred work type?