Disability Employment Services (DES) Consultant
Advertiser: SydWest Multicultural ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Employment Services
SydWest Multicultural Services is the leading community organisation connecting and empowering people of all cultures. Our purpose is Connecting Cultures & Building Communities. The values underpinning our work are Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence. Through person-centred services, representation and evidence development we are empowering individuals and building the social capacity of communities. The organisation focuses on people who are vulnerable and most in need across the life course. We have offices in Blacktown, Mt Druitt, Penrith and Rouse Hill.
We offer our staff many benefits such as flexible working arrangements, flexi-time and salary sacrifice packaging. For further information please check this link
The Disability Employment Services- Employment Consultant is part of the organisation’s Community Engagement Division. It is responsible for assessing the needs of clients with permanent disability, injury or health condition in the Outer Western Sydney region and providing a broad range of services to assist them to gain and maintain sustainable employment. This position will be fixed term part-time 3 days a week (21 hours) until the 18th December 2020.
- Commence clients in a timely manner and place into the appropriate stream service and refer clients into suitable activities as required like WFD Activities, Case Management, Training/licenses, health maintenance, Study etc.
- Conduct client intake, including understanding a client’s employment history and experience. Manage caseload and pursue employment outcomes.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the service delivery plan and within ESS Web and creation of the job plan accordingly with an outlined plan of the requirements and activities that the clients must undertake to secure employment.
- Responsible for commencing pending clients within required timeframes and ensure all clients have future appointments from the pending list.
- Match the skills and attributes if the clients to current vacancies and motivate them to apply for the available jobs especially for the long-term unemployment clients.
- Identifying a suitable employment Pathway in collaboration with the client, identifying a strategy for addressing challenges and barriers to employment as agreed with the participant & performing a Skills Gap analysis and maintain regular communication with clients in both pre- and post-placement phases.
- Compliance within the Noticeboard functions e.g. monitor future appointments, compliance of NAR’s reminder calls and mark appointments on same day etc.
- Process the different agreements like Wage Subsidy Agreement, Relocation Agreement etc. Conduct Risk Assessments and other necessary checks before placing clients in various activities.
- Process the invoices through the employment fund and claiming them back from SydWest
- Book the future appointments for the monthly appointments and work connections for commenced and pending caseloads
- Providing pre-employment support including resume development and job search assistance, interview support, referrals to education, training and certification opportunities, and referrals to work placement and experience programs.
- Perform active marketing, job referral, job matching to secure employment outcomes for clients, and maintain ongoing relationship to maintain those placements.
- Work closely with allied Health Professionals, Ongoing Support Assessor, work modification assessors, safe work assessors and DHS to maximise outcomes for clients.
- Ensure placements are correctly inputted into Department and SydWest systems.
- Complete the PPS Schedules to achieve full outcome or pathway claims by calling the clients or their employers on a regular basis.
- Work with employers to support clients into employment placements, and provide post- placement support to both clients and employers.
- Support clients in the workplace to maintain ongoing employment through effective Post Placement Support.
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationship with employers, business development, and marketing staff to design and deploy effective strategies to facilitate job placements for clients.
- Build ongoing work relationship internally and with external community organisations for client referral sources.
- One-on-one or group training/facilitation of clients before and at work.
- Undertake administrative duties including maintaining records and database and creating reports as per contractual requirements in a timely and professional manner.
- Deliver Disability Employment Services according to contractual obligations, policies, procedure, guidelines and National Disability Standards. Promote DES services and raise disability awareness and inclusion.
- Engage with best practise research and learning around employment, build networks and related organisations and represent SydWest at appropriate events and conferences.
- Confidentiality- Maintain work ethics and confidentiality at all aspects of business and service delivery.
Essential Criteria (needs to be addressed on a separate document)
- Tertiary qualified with in Disability, Social Science, Community Services or relevant fields;
- 2 years’ experience in the Employment service sector;
- Experience or understanding of the disability field and barriers to employment experienced by people with disabilities, injury and health conditions;
- Sound understanding of the government funded employment programs;
- Proven ability to build rapport and maintain effective relationships with clients, peers, relevant agencies and key stakeholders towards gaining and maintaining sustainable employment opportunities;
- Excellent report writing skills and high level of synthesizing skills in order to presenting complex information;
- High level time-management, organisational & decision making skills in order to have the capacity to identify, initiate and successfully manage competing priorities and deliver high-quality products within agreed timeframes, with attention to detail;
- High level interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated values of integrity, reliability, professionalism, compliance and a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- National Police Check and Working With Children Check required
- Current driver’s licence and access to a fully registered motor vehicle
To apply for this position, please submit the following to the Human Resource Officer - Claudia Abou Chaaya at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Name and contact details for two professional referees
- A document clearly addressing how you meet each of the Essential Criteria
(applicants who do not address the essential criteria will not be considered)
Applications close: Sunday 9 February 2020
All applicants need to present a satisfactory & current National Police Check, must hold a current driver’s licence and access to a fully registered motor vehicle.
SydWest Multicultural Services adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety and is a child safe organisation.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working in the disability services sector?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?