DELIVERY DRIVER - BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRYPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $25 per hour / neg. on qualifications & experience
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Couriers, Drivers & Postal Services
DELIVERY DRIVER – BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
The role predominantly includes driving our vehicles to deliver materials to building sites from our warehouse in Port Melbourne. It is a manual labour job so you must be prepared to lift and move timber flooring and associated materials and pack vans and trucks for local transport around Melbourne. The activity changes daily and you will keep fit while doing it!
- Our Office and Warehouse is based in Port Melbourne
- Full time hours
- Immediate start required. More than one position available!
- All applicants must possess strong work ethics, work well with others and be self-motivated
- Full manual licence required and essential for this position, P Plate drivers are welcomed to apply
- Must be a reliable and honest person who can be depended upon
- Understanding of the building and construction industry is highly advantageous
- Having a forklift license is ideal but not essential
The responsibilities and requirements of the Delivery Driver will include, but not limited to:
- Safe operation and maintenance of all vehicles
- Adhere to building site regulations and health and safety requirements
- Loading vehicles with timber flooring and other materials and unloading these to job sites (Commercial and Residential)
- Physical ability to safely lift heavy objects 25-30kg
- Complete required paperwork
- Communicate with Operations staff to ensure any issues are mitigated before causing potential delays
- On time etiquette
- Ability to work 8-10 hour days when required
- Full Australian Working Rights
Preferred experience, but not essential:
- Folk lift licence or at least general experience
- Truck licence (manual, medium rigid)
- Commercial building site experience
- White card
- Union certificates
The successful candidate will join a small team with a strong track record, where you will have the opportunity to work full time hours and be part of a fast-growing business. Police check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.
Apply via Seek with your Resume.
Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted.
If this job is for you please don't delay your application as interviews will be conducted from Tuesday 28th November 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a delivery driver?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?