Godiva Chocolate Service Assistant / Barista
Advertiser: Godiva ChocolateMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
Belgium is famous all over the world for quality chocolate. At the centre of this story is GODIVA, who since 1926 has spread the culture of fine chocolate throughout the world. In 1926, Pierre Draps Sr. began making pralines in his confectionery workshop in Brussels.
The family was deeply inspired by the 11th century legend of Lady Godiva and named the company in her honour. Values associated with Lady Godiva such as boldness, generosity, and a pioneering spirit still inform Godiva’s ethos today. GODIVA has grown into an iconic global brand with over 800 boutiques and a presence in over 100 Countries. GODIVA is the world’s biggest chocolate retailer.
GODIVA is rich in heritage yet continues to innovate across the world in product and customer experience. The first Australian store at Emporium in Melbourne was the first in the world under a new GODIVA Café Chocolat experience. The GODIVA Café Chocolat brings together iconic gifting and self-treat products with an exceptional café menu offering the world of GODIVA.
Our Baristas deliver exceptional service and consistent quality products. They demonstrate craftsmanship and precision in the preparation and serving of all beverages, desserts and pastries. You will be working with exceptional produce, coffee by one of Australia’s leading roasters and best in class equipment.
On a daily basis you will:
- Achieve excellence in bar operations and service
- Prepare beverages and desserts with maximum efficiency
- Achieve personal daily and weekly targets
- Ensure consistent and immaculate presentation of work areas
- Receive all supplies used by the bar and conduct regular stocktaking to ensure appropriate levels of supplies to meet operational needs
The GODIVA Service Assistant is a brand ambassador and a service & product expert. You will achieve this by delivering exceptional and memorable service to create the GODIVA experience. The winning qualities include; a passion for chocolate, exceptional service standards, vibrancy, generosity of spirit and gracefulness.
On a daily basis you will:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through professional and excellent sales service
- Continuously grow your brand knowledge and expertise of retail products, beverages and desserts and share this with customers at every opportunity
- Maintain outstanding store conditions and visual merchandising standards
- Achieve daily and weekly targets, as set by your Store Manager and Supervisors
It's important you have/are:
- Passionate about chocolate and customer service
- Friendly, with an outgoing personality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- At least 1-year of experience in a similar role
- Availability to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays
In this role you will enjoy a variety of staff benefits including;
- A sales bonus enjoyed by everyone on the team
- Generous staff discounts on the delicious products
- Personal development, with the opportunity to learn and be mentored by inspiring leaders
- A great work-life balance with flexibility in your roster
To join GODIVA at this exciting time of growth, please press apply now, submitting both your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please specify which location (or both) you would like to be considered for.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a barista?