- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jan 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Management
Verifact is a Traffic Management Company with depots across South East Queensland. Through business change and seeking efficiency, Verifact is looking for an Operations Manager to manage and grow the Gold Coast/ Brisbane South region utilising new and existing clients.
The Operations Manager will report directly to the General Manager - Traffic, however, is required to work in a team with other Operational Staff. This role is suited to someone with a background in Traffic Management, Maintenance or Construction, from the client or contractor side with a passion for operations, contract management and business development.
You will be required to perform the following duties;
- Effective Management of Employees;
- Oversee Specific Depot Rostering;
- Operational Management of Depot and Region;
- Fleet Management;
- Job Assessment and Quoting &;
- QA of Depot TGS’.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills, experience & attributes;
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated Operational experience;
- A strong WH&S Mindset;
- Hold a strong lead generation capability;
- Have commercial acumen – comfortable with P&L;
- Strong communication and leadership skills with confidence in personnel management;
- Competence in Office Suite &;
- A desire for strong Customer Relationships and Development.
Education, Technical Skills and Knowledge;
- Must have Traffic Control Tickets (Traffic Management, Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat & Traffic Management Implementation);
- Traffic management Design (TMD) would be desirable or must be able to be obtained within 6 months of employment;
- Must have a current Drivers Licence &;
- Working knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety as well as MUTCD Part 3 and TCASAP.
The role is fast-paced, demanding and requires someone with a relentless passion for client satisfaction and a sense for accuracy and detail. High-level technical traffic control knowledge and TGS/TMP drafting experience will be highly regarded.
In return, you will be provided with an attractive package, a supportive team environment and further education and training for the right person.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?
- Do you hold current Traffic Control Tickets (Traffic Management, Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat & Traffic Management Implementation)?