Graphic Designer (Negative Vetting Level 1)
Advertiser: Salentis Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Design & Architecture, Graphic Design
About the business
Salentis is a privately-owned, global bidding services company providing the full suite of capture and proposal services. The Salentis Group of companies have offices in Australia, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and the United States of America and we have been operating for more than 14 years.
At Salentis, our business is our people. We pride ourselves on our family culture which sees our people build long-term tenure with us. We are committed to hiring and developing the industry's best. Join our family where you are valued, supported and empowered to contribute, and where high performance and innovation is encouraged.
About the role
Salentis seeks outstanding Graphic Designers to join us as independent contractors to work a range of projects. The successful candidates will, among other projects and tasks, work with Defence Department clients to develop high quality submissions to senior Defence Officers, Think Tanks and Government Ministers. The nature of the content may, at times, be subject to security classification. Hence the requirement for a current Australian Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
As a specialist Graphic Designer on a project, you will be responsible for preparing and delivering high quality diagrams and illustrations that are engaging to the reader. You will work closely with Writers and Content Specialists to design graphics which support the narrative, overall themes and are aligned with our clients' brands.
Excellent time management and organisational skills with be required to prioritise and manage authors' graphic requests, and support review and finalisation pipelines. On larger projects you will work closely with the Desktop Publisher and possibly Communications Strategist, in addition to the Proposal Manager and Writers. On smaller projects you may be required to support the Proposal Manager with both graphics/illustration and publishing support.
Candidates must be able to work in small and diverse team environments. Salentis is engaged across Australia (and globally). Therefore, a candidate's ability to travel to work on-site with our clients will be highly beneficial. Similarly, a candidate's ability to work remotely and with minimal supervision is considered a critical skill set.
Excellent communications skills will form the backbone of a candidate's integration to our teams.
Benefits and perks
- Attractive hourly rates, plus the opportunity to work on content related to the latest advances in Defence technology and materiel.
- If travel is required, all relevant expenses will be covered.
- Salentis has a national and global presence. Opportunities may be available to travel and work on international projects.
Skills and experience
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills required.
- A valid Negative Vetting Level 1 (or higher) security clearance is mandatory.
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills highly desirable.
- Experience producing tender documentation within the Defence domain advantageous.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How would you rate your English language skills?