Advertiser: MANIAX Axe ThrowingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jan 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Venue Manager - MANIAX Perth
MANIAX Axe Throwing introduced the fast growing and exciting sport of Urban Axe Throwing to Australia in 2014. MANIAX specialises in organising Axe Throwing events for corporate and social groups housed in their purpose built warehouses across Australia. MANIAX is expanding rapidly as we strive to share the thrilling experience of hurling hatchets with all of Australia!
We are seeking an individual with an exuberant and outgoing personality, with experience in:
- Leading a team of outgoing staff
- Managing an entertainment/sporting/hospitality venue
- Excellent organisational skills
- Customer facing roles
Primary functions of this job are:
- Play a key role in running the largest axe throwing facility in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Manage day-to-day operations of our venue in Perth.
- Co-ordinate and organise corporate events
- Hire, train and roster our Axepert Axe Throwing Coaches to run FUN and engaging sessions
- Continue to build the business through establishing partnerships and innovative ideas
- Liaise with our leadership team based in other states around Australia
- Going above and beyond for your guests to give each group the most axecellent experience ever!
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally in running an entertainment/sporting/hospitality venue
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Reliable and the ability to work autonomously
- Proven track record in managing staff effectively
- Ability to cope under pressure - we get busy!!
- Capable, professional and fun management style
- Ability to learn our in-house software to manage bookings, rostering and events.
- Current First Aid Certification + Responsible Service of Alcohol Accreditation + Red Card
- Previous experience with being a licensee is desirable
What does MANIAX offer you?
- Generous starting salary
- Opportunities for interstate travel
- Potential for growth and development into more senior leadership roles within the company
- Flexible rostered hours within a full-time role
- Be given the opportunity to play a part in driving the direction of Australia's leading Urban Axe Throwing company
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?