Advertiser: ACIL Allen Consulting Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Analysts
- do you have a strong interest in helping organisations and government make better decisions with data and analysis?
- do you want to work in an inclusive national organisation with a mission to contribute to a better world by providing incisive, frank and fearless advice?
- do you have a curious mind, and a desire to be intellectually challenged by your work every day?
If the answer is YES, the Canberra office of ACIL Allen Consulting is looking for an Economics Consultant like you to join our growing team.
About the role
As an Economics Consultant, you will work across all aspects of advisory portfolio, including
- development of methodologies and proposals
- gathering and analysing information
- research, report writing, and stakeholder engagement.
To be considered for this position you must
- have the ability to interrogate real-world economic and financial data sets
- have the capability to communicate the insights persuasively to clients
- work both independently and as part of a team to shape the advice we provide to our clients
- have a strong skillset including written, and verbal communication as well as research and analytical skills.
Over time, your experience and expertise will evolve, and we will encourage you to grow in your role and expand your responsibilities.
About your qualifications and skills
- 4+ years’ experience in economic and financial modelling in a consulting, government funded services or advisory environment.
- tertiary qualification in a quantitative or economics-based discipline such as Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics, or Economics.
- advance level of Microsoft Excel.
- exposure to cost-benefit analysis and regulation
ACIL Allen Consulting
ACIL Allen Consulting Pty Ltd is the largest independent Australian owned economics and policy consultancy. It provides economic, strategic and policy analysis to a wide range of Australian and overseas companies, government departments and regulatory agencies, banks and industry associations. ACIL Allen has offices in Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Sydney
- We offer our people challenges to find opportunity in complexity.
- Our workplace is ethical, diverse, flexible, collegiate, and supportive. It is unburdened by ‘red tape’.
- We work for significant clients who want independent thinking and frank and fearless advice. We encourage and reward critical thinking and high performance.
- We seek and employ passionate people who take pride in their work, and who want to be leaders in their areas of endeavour.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?